Would a lift give me full and perky breasts or will I need an implant also? (photos)

Breastfed 2 children and my breasts are deflated. I'm trying to avoid an implant.

Would a lift give me full and perky breasts or will I need an implant also?

A lift will make the appearance perkier, but fullness may require fat grafting to the superior pole of the breast or an implant.

Options After Breastfeeding

A breast lift does exactly that – lift your breasts to a more youthful position on your chest. It does not fill in your breast or increase the size. If you’re looking for full, perky breasts without implants, fat transfer might be your best option. You can repurpose fat from one area of your body and inject it in your breasts. The results are very natural. Otherwise, implants are your only other option. I recommend booking a consult with a board-certified surgeon in your area to further discuss your case.

Krishna Dash, MD
Colorado Springs Plastic Surgeon

Would a lift give me full and perky breasts?

Hello and thank you for your question and photos. A breast lift alone will actually make you smaller, rather than giving you a fuller look. You mentioned wanting to avoid an implant, but it is important for your surgeon to understand your other goals as well. If you are OK being smaller, but want to be perkier, you might be best served doing a lift with a tissue matrix that would help keep your natural breast tissue perkier over time. If you are open to an implant and being larger, you might be able to avoid a lift altogether. It really depends on the look you desire. I would suggest you meet with a board-certified plastic surgeon and show them photos of breasts that you like and have a frank discussion about what is and isn’t achievable for your breasts. Good luck!

Ashley Gordon, MD

Breast Implants

Thank you for your question and for sharing appropriate pictures. You seem to be a good candidate for a breast augmentation. If you choose a round high or moderate profile implant, you should be able to achieve a bit of a lift in addition to added volume. This way you can avoid a lift at least for now. You will need to have a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon and undergo Vectra 3D Imaging to precise recommendations. Breast of luck! 

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS

Mastopexy vs Augmentation

Thank you for your post and photos. Based on these photos, you would be a great candidate for a breast lift and augmentation (mastopexy-augmentation). Lifting your breasts (mastopexy) can restore a more youthful look to your breasts but if a fuller look is what you want, an implant will be needed. If you are trying to avoid an implant then you can always opt for a mastopexy alone and see how you like the look of your breasts. You can always decide later on if you want an implant put in. Staging procedures can be a good alternative if you are against the idea of an implant. An in person consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon is needed to discuss what type of result you are looking to have. Different tools such as Vectra 3D imaging or a breast implant sizing session are great ways to help you envision what result to expect. Hope this helps, best of luck. James Lee

James Lee, MD
Montreal Plastic Surgeon

Upper pole

a lift will give you a better shape, but it appears you have more pseudoptosis than true ptosis, so your best bet would likely be just an implant and no lift. Only way to figure this out is with a physical exam in person.

Breast lift

A breast lift will give you a good result, but it is not going to give you that fuller look if that's what you are going for. A small implant would be the best result to receive a more youthful appearance. 

Jaime Perez, MD

You look like a good candidate for Breast Lift with Implant to give it fullness to the breast.

High profile are taller and narrower implants when compared to moderate profile implants of the same volume.The decision is usually based on the patient breast dimensions, amount of breast that the patient can contribute to the projection and I also factor the patients desires. I try my best to also respect the skin quality and elasticity in order to prevent future drooping due to unnecessarily heavy implants.

When you're looking for a cosmetic procedure you find a surgeon that has been certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.  Choose a board certified plastic surgeon who is highly experience in Brazilian Butt Lifts.  choose one wisely.  Many surgeons, including myself, offer online virtual consultations where you send us your photos and we can estimate the cost. and free Face to face consultation.

Rami Ghurani, MD

A well done breast lift can give you a very nice result but it will not have a lot of fullness as your breasts are not full. To get the full perky look will require reinflating the breasts, ie adding volume, typically with a breast implant. A lift is really not necessary. 

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Breast Lift

Based on your photos and the information you have shared, a breast lift should serve you well.  Breast lift surgery reshapes the breast while implants add volume.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD