Will Kybella work to remove my double chin? (Photo)

My double chin is not noticeable from the front, but it is from the side when I smile. I am not overweight, so would kybella work to get rid of this fat under my chin and give me a more defined jaw line? Also, how much does kybella usually cost? I am saving up because I will be paying for this myself so I am trying to find a doctor that does not charge a crazy amount. Thanks!

Will Kybella work to remove my double chin?

Thank you for your question.  Good candidates for kybella are also good candidates for liposuction (good skin tone and fullness in the submentalregion). You will need 3-5 treatments of kybella for good results. Each treatment usually requires 2 vials of kybella which range from 500-1000 per vial depending on the area and experience.  Consult with a board certified plastic surgery. Best wishes.

Kybella is perfect for anyone with a small amount of unwanted fat underneath the chin.I recommend scheduling a consult with a board-certified facial plastic surgeon who has experience with Kybella treatments.  Your surgeon will be able to estimate how many treatments are necessary and thus provide you with a cost estimate specific to your unique case.

Vu Ho, MD
Plano Facial Plastic Surgeon

Kybella can work well for small areas of unwanted fat underneath the chin.

Kybella can work well for small areas of unwanted fat underneath the chin. An in-person consultation is necessary to evaluate you and make sure you are a good candidate for this treatment. The cost will vary depending on how much Kybella you need, and this can be discussed during your consultation.

Sabrina Fabi, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Double Chins Disappear with Kybella Treatments

KYBELLA® is used to improve the appearance and profile of moderate to severe fat below the chin --often referred to as a “double chin .
Kybella is a cytolytic drug, which when injected into tissue physically destroys the cell membrane. When properly injected into submental fat, Kybella destroys fat cells getting rid of unwanted double chin fat.

We suggest 2 or 3 treatments scheduled 4-6 weeks apart . Our patients have seen noticable improvements at every treatment!

#Kybellaoptions   #Kybellafatremoval   #Kybelladoublechin

Double Chin Treatments with KYBELLA

Kybella is a new injectable approved by the FDA for the treatment of moderate to severe fat under the chin; double chin. Up until now the only option for fat removal under the chin was liposuction or surgically removing the fat by cutting it out. Expertly-trained providers can suggest a calculated amount that will give optimal results.

#Kybellareducesfat     #doublechintreatments  #Kybellainjectors

Kybella® injections reduce neck fat by up to 50% per treatment session and have been proven to be safe and effective by its FDA approval process. Please consult a board certified aesthetic dermatologist for a consultation.

Manjula Jegasothy, MD
Miami Dermatologist

Kybella Pricing

Kybella is an injection that has been recently approved by the FDA to help improve the appearance of fullness associated with the submental fat of the neck in adults. Young adults, like yourself, with minimal excess fat and good skin tone are usually good candidates. 

During a Kybella treatment, the neck is first cleaned and numbed with topical lidocaine. A pattern is drawn on the neck and the product is injected into the fat pad - dissolving the fat. The body then absorbs the fat over several weeks. There is swelling, bruising, and some numbness in the area during this time. The injections are usually done once a month and it can take 2 to 6 treatments to reach full effect depending on the severity of the fat.

The cost is variable depending on the amount of fat to be treated but ranges from $1500 to $1900 per treatment. Looking at your photos I would imagine you would be at the lesser end of this spectrum. Effective alternatives for submental fat removal include liposuction and direct excision.

A detailed examination will help delineate the best option. Consultation with a surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery would be the next best step.

Kybella in New Orleans

Thanks for the question.  i would need to examine you in the office to make that assessment, I agree with you that you don't have much submental fat from your profile view, unless you smile.  One would have to see if that fat was either pre or post platysmal.  The difference being that if it is BEHIND the platysma muscle then its really not safe to inject that fat because of injury to deeper structures.  

Good Luck

Fantastic question!
There are multiple factors that go into answering this question...
If there is a lot of fat, liposuction is your best bet. This can be done in-office under local anesthesia.
If surgery is not something you are comfortable with, Coolsculpting would be your best bet financially... as long as the Coolsculpting applicator fits and you are okay with more time to see full results (than liposuction). If your jaw is too small or the amount of fat too little, the CoolMini may not fit.
Lastly, if you have a small amount of fat and the CoolMini applicator doesn't fit your face, I would go with Kybella. There is a significant recovery period with Kybella and the product is not cheap. That is why I reserve it for people with a small amount of submental fat.
My best,
Dr. Nazarian
@drsheilanazarian on Instagram

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Kybella treatment

Kybella works best for people that have isolated fat deposits beneath the chin.  Cost can range depending on region and how much product you need.  Typically, treatments range from $600 to $1,500, and possibly even more for larger treatment areas.  From the pictures it looks like you have a relatively small deformity.  I would recommend a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who can examine your face and neck and recommend a best course of treatment.  Best of luck!