I have a stitch coming through the tip of my nose , i thought it was a black head but it's a hard string. Do I keep or remove ?

I thought it was a black head or white head but I pulled it with tweezers and it's clear and coming through the tip of my nose on the outside. Should I get removed ? I circled the part of my nose where the string is coming out ... sorry if blurry

Spitting Tip Suture

Dear Nola2016:

Thank you for your question. From your description and the location in the photograph , it appears you are spitting a suture.  I would place a small amount of antibiotic ointment over the area, avoid manipulating it, and have it evaluated by your surgeon as soon as possible.  Good luck and I hope this helps!

Spitting suture

Yes, it's a spitting suture. Schedule an appointment with your surgeon to have it removed, but do not do anything to it on your own. 

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Kouros Azar, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Seems to be suture

From your description and its location, it appears to be a suture.  I'd place a small amount of antibiotic ointment over the area, avoid manipulating it, and have it evaluated by your surgeon.  

Jeffrey Joseph, MD, FACS
Lafayette Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty sutures

You should definitely contact your surgeon for an evaluation in person and removal.  It can likely be removed in the clinic setting.  Good luck!

Parker A. Velargo, MD
New Orleans Facial Plastic Surgeon

It should be removed

please see your surgeon for removal. This is unusual but nothing to worry about. Removal will not cause any structural damage to the nose 

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon