Can this be fixed? (photos)

Previous BA done in 2005. Didn't notice my uneven inframmatory folds before augmentation. I have recently lost weight and it bothers me more. Now, I want this corrected with a slightly large size implant.

Doctor Answers 7

Breast revision

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Thank you for your question.  Based on your photo, it appears that you may require a mastopexy (breast lift) for the loose sagging skin, inframammary fold and pocket revision in addition to exchange of implants.  Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck!

Dallas Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 23 reviews


{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Of Course 
looks like you need bilateral revision and possible lift along with remove  and replacement of implants and capsulectomy .
Your right breast appears to be encapsulated .
Best Regards 
Dr Shamoun 

Concerns about breast size/symmetry…

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Your concerns regarding breast shape and asymmetry are certainly understandable; revisionary breast surgery will certainly improve your situation. My best advice:  seek consultation with board certified plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience helping patients with revisionary breast surgery. Then, communicate your goals carefully as well. Working together you will come up with a plan to achieve an outcome that you will be happier with. Best wishes.

You might also like...

Breast augmentation and lift candidate, some advices:

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Thanks for the question.
After having analyzed all the information and photos provided to us, I realize that you have very sagging and small breasts. In this regard, you need volume (implants) and projection (the lift): Breast Augmentation w/Breast Lift. I recommend you to use microtexturized highly cohesive silicon implant ("gummy bear" implants), with high projection, and 550ml will be excelent on you, to fill the breasts properly.Finally, to perform the breast lift I recommend a Periareolar Round Block Breast Lift ("Benelli mastopexy"), which has an unnoticed scar around the areola, and if we see (in the surgery) that we can't obtain adecuate projection just with the Benelli Lift, we have to perform a "Lollipop breast lift".
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD
Dominican Republic Plastic Surgeon
4.7 out of 5 stars 372 reviews

Breast revision for bottoming out implant

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Thank you for your question about your breast implants.
  • You may have had uneven mammary folds to begin- or your implant may have bottomed out.
  • In either case, you need a revision with a lift and elevation of the mammary fold.
  • A larger implant will only make things look worse by pulling down the breast even more.
  • You also appear to have a capsular contracture on the other side which should be corrected as well.
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes. Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Can I be fixed ?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Yes, you can , not an easy procedure but certainly possible, seek out a BC PS for answers , I would be happy to see you...

Jonathan Weiler, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 93 reviews


{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Yes, you can be fixed.  With the weight loss, you may have noticed your breast started to sag.  The breast can be lifted ( mastopexy) for a pleasing cosmetic result.  The breast pocket can be revised to correct the inframmatory folds, and implants can be replaced to add more volume, if needed.  Consult with a highly experienced plastic surgeon for the best result.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD
Atlanta Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 61 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.