Can I get a fat transfer in just one side?

I have atrophy on my right hip and butt. My left side is curvy and round but my right side is flat and square. I injured my knee 5 years ago acl tear. I workout and have very minor issues with my knee but my hip is so flat. I miss my curves.

One Sided Fat Transfer

Thanks for your question.  Yes, you can certainly have fat transferred to just one side.  That is the beauty of using this as way to solve some asymmetry problems.  You can just put it where it is needed to augment one particular area.  You will more than likely need more than one procedure to accomplish your desired look.  Good luck in your search for a board certified plastic surgeon who performs this procedure often.  

Fat injection on one side only

Yes, you can definitely have fat placed in one hip. Fat injection is a great tool in correcting contour deformities and asymmetries. You may need more than 1 session of fat injection depending on how much of a contour deformity you have and to achieve the symmetry you are looking for. I wish you the best of luck in your journey and please make sure you are seen by a board certified plastic surgeon.
Ankur Mehta MD
Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

Ankur Mehta, MD
Sugar Land Plastic Surgeon

Absolutely, yes.  fat grafting is one of the most used procedures for correction of soft tissue asymmetry. Get a personal or web consultation and find out a more specific plan for your situation.
best wishes  

Katherine Feliz Camilo, MD

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring with Fat Grafting

Yes, fat can be transferred to certain areas of the body to create symmetry. Please post photos for further evaluation. I suggest consulting with an expert to discuss treatment options. Best, Dr. Emer

Fat grafting and asymmetry

Hello,  thank you for sharing your doubts. Fat grafting for asymmetry correction is always possible.  Try to get a personal evaluation with a certified plastic surgeon in your area for best results.  Have a great day. 

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Fat grafting

Fat grafting can be done to one or multiple areas. It is very common in fat grafting to put more fat in area most needed to improve symmetry. Many of my BBL patients need some asymmetrical placement of fat. Discuss with a plastic surgeon who does a lot of fat grafting. Good luck.

Yes, absolutely, fat transfers are a great way to achieve symmetry , visit with a BC PS to discuss, good luck and choose a PS you feel understands your concerns.

Jonathan Weiler, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon