Will ext TT take care of all this loose skin? (photo)

Nervous. Surgery set for EXT TT w MR and breast lift w wing extension. My question is will ext take care of all this loose skin. I of course don't want the FDL scars if not needed but I'm worried I'll still have lose skin afterwards if not. My dr says he can get it with just the ext TT. Any and all pre/post op advise welcome. Surgery July 14

Scarring Concerns

Abdominoplasty will address loose skin, excess fat and muscle weakness “diastasis recti”. This weakness tends to enlarge the waist in many women. After pregnancy if your belly button has a bulge or sticks out, it may be due to an umbilical hernia. Both of these conditions are corrected during a Tummy Tuck, which will bring in your waist line. On the other hand if only a small amount of skin is redundant in the lower tummy you may only need a fairly simple “mini-tuck” rather than the more extensive standard Abdominoplasty.

If you have concerns about excessive scarring with the tummy tuck considering the amount of skin that will be tightened in your procedure, then you should speak to your surgeon with your concerns in order to confirm that the final result will be something you like. Best of luck to you.

Excellent candidate for a tummy tuck

Based on these photographs you appear to be an excellent candidate for a full tummy tuck with muscle reconstruction. This will flatten the muscles, reconstruct your core muscular corset, revise the belly button, eliminate the stretch marks from the belly button to the pubic hairline, and remove the loose skin and fat of the anterior abdomen.

An extended TT will be helpful

remember you will not be perfect but an extended TT will help you. 

I did not see any breast pictures so it is impossible for me to have any opinion on this.

david berman md

David E. Berman, MD
Sterling Plastic Surgeon

Will ext TT take care of all this loose skin?

Thank you for your question.  Yes, an extended tummy tuck would dramatically improve your abdominal appearance provided that you're healthy, not a smoker and maintaining a stable weight.  Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck!

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Dr Derby

From what i can see in the photos, you are a great candidate for an extended TT and breast lift. If you have some more  doubts it is important to schedule another in person evaluation with your surgeon before the surgery date. Best of luck

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Tummy tuck

Thank you for your question.  Based on your submitted photos you appear to be an excellent candidate for an extended tummy tuck procedure to produce beautiful overall results.  If you still are unsure of if this is the procedure for you, schedule a consultation with aboard certified plastic surgeon to be further evaluated.  At that time you ill be able to discuss your goals and concerns then work together to build the surgical plan that will bets help you achieve the overall look you desire.

With kind regards,
Lane F. Smith, M.D., F.A.A.C.S., F.A.O.H.N.S., F.A.B.F.P.R.S.

Lane Smith, MD

Extended tummy tuck and breast lift

Thank you for asking about your extended tummy tuck and breast lift.
  • You appear to have lost a great deal of weight - well done!
  • Your surgeon's exam is more reliable than an on-line opinion - he has examined you.
  • When in doubt, I do not do a Fleur de lis incision - but leave it for later if needed.
  • If you have lost a lot of weight, be sure to discuss with your surgeon whether a back lift is needed in the future for your best result.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Mommy Makeover - Candidate?

Thank you for your question and photos. You appear to be an excellent candidate for an extended tummy tuck. The abdominal skin excision and muscle tightening could give you an excellent contour as well as improve the tone of the anterior abdominal wall. Liposuction could be used to better define your flanks and hips at the time of tummy tuck surgery. Please see a board certified plastic surgeon for an in-person examination to discuss the specific details of the procedures. Ask to see before and after photos to get an idea of what can be achieved. Hope this helps!

You may be better served with a circumferential body lift procedure without the vertical incision. I think that this will greatly improve your shape.
You can always have the vertical incision added at a later date if you have residual laxity.

Thank you for your question and series of photographs.  An extended TT will take care of the majority of your loose skin from a vertical dimension but without assessing any laxity along your back, you may be a better belt lipectomy or circumferential lift candidate.  The other consideration will be how much excess skin do you have in a horizontal direction across your abdomen.  This may lead to some residual tissue excess after an ext TT but removal of this tissue would entail an additional incision vertically from just under your breast bone to your TT incision along your lower pelvis.  Voice your concerns to your surgeon in order to determine what tradeoffs of scar length to skin excess removal would help achieve your desired goals.