What happens with over dissected pockets (botched Breast Augmentation) after Breast Implant Removal? (photo)

I had a botched breast augmentation and I have an over dissected pocket that makes the implant to sit way lower than the other side. Will my breast go back to "normal" after removing the implants or do that pocket need inner stitches in order to fix it? I understand that my natural breast is going to look deflated, wrinkled and what not, but I´d love, at least to fix this horrible asymmetry. Can it be done? Attached is a picture of the calamity.Thank you so much.

#Explant #BreastImplantRemoval - What happens with over dissected pockets

I'm very sorry for the problems you're having.  It's hard to answer your question using one photo, but it may be advantageous for your surgeon to "sew off" some aspects of the pockets at the time of implant removal.  That will depend to large extent on exactly what it looks like, what you looked like before, and on what you're willing to look like afterwards. For example, you say that you know your breasts will look deflated and wrinkled; would you consider smaller implants with the pockets adjusted? That might be a good compromise.  Either way, you'll need to discuss all of these issues with your own board-certified plastic surgeon in person, and do whatever you can to make sure you're comfortable with both your surgeon and the surgical plan.  I hope that this helps and good luck.  Dr. Alan Engler, Member of #RealSelf500.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

What happens with over dissected pockets after Breast Implant Removal?

I am sorry to hear about your concerns after breast augmentation. I would likely recommend that internal "adjustments" of the underlying  capsule and tissues be carried out, at the time of breast implant removal surgery, to help improve your breast symmetry.  These adjustments made along the side where your breast implant sit too low, with help reconstruct the inframammary fold area on that side, again helping to improve your symmetry.

Key will be careful selection of your plastic surgeon. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work achieving the types of outcomes you would be pleased with. Working together you will come up with good plan to achieve an outcome you will be happy with.  You may find the attached link helpful to you as you learn more. Best wishes.