4 days since Botox injections - I've been gifted with one "Spock" brow. Will this resolve? (photos)

When the brows are relaxed, they appear to be even. However, when I lift my brows "Mr. Spock" makes an appearance. You can also see from the photo that the creasing of my eyelid also looks pulled/tight in comparison to the other. Is it too soon for a touch up, or am I being impatient? Will an eventual touch up resolve this issue if it does not resolve with more time?

Spock eyebrows after Botox

Thank you for your question kaciegray7. I am sorry to hear about your situation. Botox is a purified protein used to address wrinkles associated with facial expression. The pivotal studies demonstrated that the peak effect of Botox is seen 14 days after the treatment. in our office we have patients return at this time to assess the results. Additional units may be added if necessary. When there is asymmetry a small amount of Botox can be placed in the upper forehead to correct the asymmetry. Please consult with a doctor for specific recommendations. Good luck!

Encino Physician

Dr. Spock, there seems to be a minor eyebrow problem

This is an easy problem to correct and I see no reason why you should wait to fix. Placement of a unit or 2 in the forehead above this brow can help. This can happen to even experienced physicians but most often occurs when the glabella is treated and not the forehead (so it's no fault of the injector when this is the case).

Steven F. Weiner, MD

How to treat Spock eyebrows

Spock eyebrows are easily treated with a touch more Botox in that area to bring them down. Best to call your doctor. Botox takes a week or two to have full effect but if it's glaringly obvious it can be treated and fixed sooner.

Rebecca Baxt, MD
Paramus Dermatologic Surgeon

Spock Eyebrows

Thank you for your question. I am sorry to hear about your problem. Botox works by blocking signals from the nerves to the muscles. The injected muscle can no longer contract, which causes the wrinkles to relax and soften. Botox is most often used on forehead lines, crow's feet and frown lines. The"spock eyebrows" you are experiencing can be easily fixed with a few units of Botox placed above the brow. This most often occurs when the glabella is treated and not the forehead. You do not have to wait 2 weeks until the Botox takes full effect to have this treated. I recommend contacting your doctor.

Hardik Soni, MD
Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Botox treatment

I believe a touch up by a reputable experienced injector would take care of the problem you are experiencing. I would give it 2-3 weeks after your initial injection before you get a touch up, however.

Kristin J. Tarbet MD, FACS
Bellevue Oculoplastic Surgeon

Can be helped

Botox asymmetries can be helped.

Usually small doses can be additionally used to even out troublesome areas.

Keith Denkler, MD
Marin Plastic Surgeon

"Spocking"

Hello, and thanks for your question and photos. This can be easily fixed with a small amount of Botox. I suggest following up with your physician. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht.   

Corey Frucht, MD, PhD
Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon

Goodbye Dr. Spock-Botox and Venus Legacy

It can take 1-2 weeks for your final results with Botox. This can be improved with a touch up of Botox in combination with Venus Legacy treatments. See an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Spock eyebrows

Dear kaciegray7:

Spock eyebrows are easily treated with a touch more Botox in the forehead to bring them down. Best to call your injecting physician and let them know.. Botox takes up to  two weeks to have full effect but if it's glaringly obvious it can be treated and fixed sooner. Thank you for your question and I hope this helps! Happy Thanksgiving!

Stephen E. Metzinger, MD, MSPH, FACS
Metairie Plastic Surgeon

Botox: touchup for "Spock" arched eyebrow.

Botox (like Xeomin and Dysport) is a medication injection into target muscles of the face for fewer/softer wrinkles. 

I like to evaluate all of my patients after a first-time neuromodulator injection. One of the things I look at it is the position of the eyebrows at rest and when raising the brows. I evaluate both eyebrows even if the patient points out one. The priority is the position of the eyebrows at rest. If an eyebrow is higher, that means the muscle of the forehead is pulling stronger than the muscle around the eye. A conservative dose, 1-2 Units, at least two weeks after your initial treatment will improve the balance between the muscles. Safety comes first. 

Victor Chung, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon