What are the costs for fat transfer at your facility? (Photo)

**You will not convince me to get a breast lift any time soon.** I'd like to know the costs for fat transfer at your facility, if the liposuction is built into the cost, how much per additional area you charge, and hopefully an idea of if I can safely get my entire midsection and upper arms sculpted in one session. I am aware that I will want at least one additional fat transfer to increase the size. I am willing to travel and visit Tampa monthly. Thank you for your time.

The cost of fat transfer

We typically charge $1,500 for liposuction per area with an additional fee of $4,000 for the fat transfer.

Facility fees add an additional $1,000-$3,000 depending on the length of time for the procedure. 

If further liposuction is needed for the sake of harvesting fat for the fat transfer, then this is typically done at no charge.

The number of areas you are requesting to have treated is reasonable in a single session.

If you are planning on having more than one fat transfer procedure, then I recommend you not liposuction all areas during the first procedure.

This needs to be strategically planned out from the onset.

Once an area has been correctly treated with liposuction, it is no longer an area that will need treatment or will serve as a source for harvesting fat for fat transfer.

Fat transfer is an excellent option for women who desire to not have a breast lift.

In fact, breast implants are not appropriate for someone such as yourself. Fat transfer of the breast gives the breast a natural enhancement, adding volume to the breast tissue itself. 

Breast implants, on the other hand, are placed on the chest wall under the pectoralis muscle. This only serves to push the breast forward, giving the illusion of a larger breast. Since breast implants are not actually part of the breast, they will create folders underneath your pectoralis muscle.

In your case, the majority of your breast sits below this area, and the overall shape and look of breast implants would be unnatural unless you underwent a breast lift at the same time. 

My practice is devoted almost exclusively to body contouring using liposuction and fat transfer.

I'm sure you will be able to find someone who can deliver excellent care in your community. That said, it can also be worth the time, effort and expenses to seek out a surgeon who can deliver true expertise. 

Price is no guarantee of quality of work. Still, the majority of talented and experienced plastic surgeons rarely give discounts.

Poorly performed liposuction can be costly and lead to permanent disfigurement. Do your homework and consider consulting with more than one plastic surgeon.

Mats Hagstrom, M.D.

Cost of fat transfer

The cost of fat transfer is based on the number of areas that fat is harvested from (liposuctinong)and the fat transfer portion of the operation.   The blue link above shows the average costs across the nation.   

An in-person exam with a board-certified plastic surgeon is the best way to assess your needs, determine if you are a candidate for the procedure and provide true medical advice. Best of luck. Dr. Michael Omidi

Michael M. Omidi, MD, FACS