Is this considered fixing my hanging columella? My surgery was done 9 days ago, I just got my stitches out 3 days ago

Do I have to wait for the swelling to go down or is this the best result? I fell like it still hangs a good bit and can still see up my nostril. I don't look weird and I am happy with results just thought it would have been more of a difference.

Final Result in Six Months

Dear Nola2016,

It is too early to tell the change you will experience. I do see an improvement in the hanging columella, but whether or not this is your final result will not be known for at least six months.

I hope this has been helpful.

Robert D. Wilcox, MD

Rhinoplasty recovery

You still have a great deal of swelling and changes may still occur for the better with time. You should discuss these concerns with your surgeon. I would wait at least 6 months, preferably 12 before I would consider further revisions. Reducing the amount of columellar show is certainly achievable by addressing the caudal septum and perhaps your ala as well. More would be known in person after some additional time has passed. Good luck!

Parker A. Velargo, MD
New Orleans Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty results too early to tell

A few days after rhinoplasty is too early to see "final" results.  You still have a large amount of swelling throughout the nose, including the columella.  Overall, at this point , it is a nice change.

Jeffrey Joseph, MD, FACS
Lafayette Facial Plastic Surgeon