Choices for high riding textured sientra round anatomical 370cc/425cc implants 7 weeks post op. (photos)

I want to begin by saying that I really like my PS and I believe she did the best with what she was working with. Now w/ saying that at my 6 we PO my PS stated that I might need a revision, but is giving it to the end of summer to give them a chance to drop. My right is higher & flatter on the lateral side. 2 opts were "raising the areola complex or releasing the lower." No strap or massage to help them drop per PS. 1 quest I have is if she releases the lower & they're textured how can they drop

Position of Sientra breast implants after augmentation mastopexy

this is very early and the lower breast tissue will stretch  and shape will improve

I personally use a strap even with textured implants as the push the implants down against the skin allowing the lower pole to stretch.

High-positioned textured implants cannot be expected to "drop" on their own!

You are right to be concerned that textured implants cannot be expected to drop (much or at all) over time, but tissues will change and swelling will diminish, all of which will cause improvements in your appearance. Perhaps not enough to give you the desired or "perfect" result, but better.

Trying to decide now what might be recommended then, IF revisionary surgery is planned, is very premature. Both patients and plastic surgeons like to plan, but speculation about specific recommendations at this point in your recovery is indeed purely speculative.

Be patient for now; I like to encourage even my most adamant patients requesting "something different" to wait at least 3 months, and really, 6-12 is better unless re-operation is mandated by absolutely unsatisfactory appearance earlier. The concern is that your surgeon is trying to revise a still-moving target, making the secondary surgery less likely to be "spot on."

Straps and massage are not appropriate for textured implants, since they are designed to adhere to tissues.

Stay in close contact with your surgeon and keep your good attitude. Best wishes! Dr. Tholen

Richard H. Tholen, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

High riding implants

The result your surgeon has obtained with implants only is excellent considering the shape of your breasts and nipple position preoperatively.  As the other answers have said, you need to give things much more time before you consider any kind of revision.  Be patient and try not to pester your surgeon into going back too soon.  You should wait at least 6 months but a year would be better. 

Lars Enevoldsen, MD
Modesto Plastic Surgeon

Let the Healing Process Continue

Six-weeks post surgery you are still healing. It appears you have a strong relationship with your surgeon. She will monitor your progress and determine if additional surgery is required in the future. It may not be. Real Self is also a great resource for additional information - as well as community. So, more healing time and your continued engagement with surgeon and other experts is the best course at present. You are on the right track. All the best to you. 

Peter J. Capizzi, MD
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Choices for high riding Sientra implant

I think it is far too early to really be looking at revision.  Many times, gals have fluid pockets or swelling around their implants for months after surgery.  Be patient and give the tissue time to settle and stretch. The longer you wait the better.  Keep checking in with your plastic surgeon.  It sounds like she cares about you and wants to make you happy.  Already you have a nice improvement and your breast shape was difficult to begin with.

Choices for high riding textured sientra round anatomical 370cc/425cc implants 7 weeks post op.

I think it is prudent to give the result a couple more months to mature.

Revision Breast Surgery

You are still too early in recovery to determine whether a revision will be necessary based on your images.  Your breasts will continue to change over the next several months and I wouldn't declare the need for revision so soon.  Continue to see your board certified plastic surgeon along the way.  

Revision is possible

Thanks for your question and the pictures. Comparing where you started and your immediate result, I think you have a fabulous result. The tight lower pole combined with a textured HP implant will make settling unlikely but the pocket does need to mature. Personally I would be more inclined to release the lower area. I think if you had an implant that was not so round it might be less noticeable. Give it time and re-evaluate at 6 months. Best of Luck!

M. Scott Haydon, MD

Implants 2 high?

Your result actually looks pretty good at this stage.  I think you will find that over the next several months the shape of your breast becomes more natural appearing.  I don't think revision will be needed.

Mark Eberbach, MD

Hello! Thank you for your question! You are still early post-procedure. Your appearance looks typical at this stage and will continue to improve as the swelling subsides and the implants continue to settle into their desired position. This usually proceeds over the next several weeks as the lower pole skin/breast stretches to accommodate the implants. Follow-up closely with your surgeon for additional restrictions/instructions and the potential use of bras/garments or massage that may encourage the implant to settle appropriately. If still displaced after this time, a surgical procedure may be necessary to further open the pocket and bring the implant(s) down. Hope that this helps! Best wishes!

Lewis Albert Andres, MD