I had cellfina on my outer thighs, and now I want to get coolsculpting in that area. Will it make that area worse?

Cellfina and Coolsculpting

It is safe to have CoolSculpting treatment as long as you are completely healed from your cellfina treatment. Remember to see a physician that has experience.

Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Coolsculpting

As long as the area has healed completely after cellfina, it is okay to treat with coolsculpting.  Coolsculpting is an excellent form of non-invasive  fat reduction for the right patient. Some applicators take 1 or 2 hours but the new advantage applicators take only 35 minutes and have significantly less risk for delayed onset pain (especially in the abdomen). Results are seen at 2 months and typically 1-3 treatments will be necessary on each area to achieve ideal results. The number of treatments depends on the amount of fat there and the patient's goals.  There is not downtime and the results can be impressive in the right patient.  We also use the Zimmer Z-wave for improved patient comfort and added results. The best candidates are those who are in pretty good shape with areas of stubborn fat that won't go away no matter what.

My best,

Sheila Nazarian, MD, MMM

Beverly Hills, Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Cellfina and coolsculpting

Cellfina treatments for indented cellulite on the outer thighs and buttocks can take several weeks for edema and inflammation to subside.  Coolsculpting should probably not be performed during the early healing period especially the first 4-6 weeks.  Once the area treated with Cellfina has healed, Coolsculpting should have not negative effect on the results and vice-versa.  Best of luck.

Kyle Coleman, MD
New Orleans Dermatologic Surgeon

Coolsculpting and cellulite

It is my understanding that Celfina works on cellulite which is closer to the superficial layers of the skin. Coolsculpting is working deeper on the fat layer. In theory these two procedures should be fine to have after one another. I do suggest contacted a certified Coolsculpting site to discuss your specific case and desired outcomes.

Steven H. Dayan, MD
Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon

Coolsculpting after Cellfina

If you are completely healed from your cellfina treatment, it is safe to have Coolsculpting. Coolsculpting works great on it's own. See someone with significant experience and don't under treat the area.

Andrew Campbell, M.D.

Quintessa Aesthetic Centers

Andrew Campbell, MD
Milwaukee Facial Plastic Surgeon

Getting the Results You Want with Cellfina and Coolsculpting--Add Thermage, Venus Legacy, Exilis Ultra

This should be fine. Coolsculpting works best in combination with radiofrequency treatments such as Thermage, Vanquish, Venus Legacy, Exilis Ultra with Z wave/Cellutone. VASER Hi Def with ThermiRF, ultrasound and fat grafting can also give you great results, if you're a candidate.  I recommend getting a formal consultation. Best, Dr. Emer

Cellfina before CoolSculpting is fine but I would wait about a month or two at least in between

Many individuals who have cellulite also have unwanted fat.  There is a benefit from both and they can be done sequentially.  Ideally, it is better to do the CoolSculpting first and then Cellfina but if you have already had the Cellfina it is fine to do the CoolSculpting after.  Good luck!

Joel Schlessinger, MD
Omaha Dermatologic Surgeon

Coolsculpting in area of Cellfina

I think that this is fine as long as you are healed up from the Cellfina. They both work on different things. The Cellfina is much more superficial and the Coolsculpting is deep, in the fat layer.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

CoolSculpting after Cellfina

In my opinion, a CoolSculpting treatment to the outer thighs after a Cellfina treatment should not make the area worse.  The CoolSculpting can help to reduce the fat which is below the surface of the skin and below the area of the cellulite.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon