Capsular contracture, pectoral muscle or natural breast anatomy? (Photo)

I had a BL & BA July 2015 w/ 325cc silicone implants. Since early on in my recovery, I noticed that my left breast is rounded up top & my right is tear drop shaped. I workout daily- no chest exercise. When my pecs are flexed, my left feels unusually tight compared to my right. I can feel the muscle on the left contract & my right breast feels relaxed. I wake up with discomfort in the middle of the night because my left pec feels tight. Is this normal? Capsular contracture? Need a revision?

Postoperative results after breast augmentation.

It is very difficult to assess you based on the photographs that you are providing. In general there often is slight asymmetry in most people whether you have surgery or not. It is likely that you have a slightly different configuration of the muscle on the left and right sides. It could be that there is more capsule formation on the left side than the right.At this stage after the surgery it is likely that what you see is what you are going to have and if this is not satisfactory for you you should go back to your surgeon and discuss this. It looks to me that the left side is sitting slightly higher. This may be adjusted fairly simply by lowering the position of the implants likely.

Cleveland Plastic Surgeon

Capsular contracture?

Thank you for your question and photos.  It does not appear that you have developed capsular contracture during the healing process.  Instead, what you are noticing is a slight asymmetry that could be caused by your pre-existing anatomy.

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

Capsular Contracture

Capsular contracture is best diagnosed by in person examination.  Animation deformity likewise is easier to see with an in person examination. I recommend you revisit your operating plastic surgeon. 

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS