Would a Breast lift fix my saggy breasts even if they've never been attached to my chest like normal women? (photo)

I'm almost 20 & normally wear a 38D bra, and for as long as I've remembered, I've always had saggy breasts, like the sacs have never been attached to whatever muscles to hold them up. I'd like to know if getting a breast life would fix the problem and make my breasts some what normal. I'm tired of pretending and being uncomfortable in my skin and around others. I'd appreciate any inputs, thoughts, or comments from a professional point of view.

Would a Breast lift fix my saggy breasts even if they've never been attached to my chest like normal women?

A breast lift would improve the appearance of the breasts based upon the picture presented.

Hello Dear, thank you so much for your questions and pictures.

According with your pictures you would be an excellent candidate for a Breast reduction/lift  or reduction mammoplasty, is a surgical procedure to reduce the size of breasts, by the removal of fat, breast tissue and skin, making them more small,light and firm. You can also reduce the size of the areola.Breast reduction aims to provide women with breasts smaller and with a more proportionally to the rest of your body.

Hope hear from you soon, best wishes!!

Ramon Morales, MD

Some Basic Information About the Breast Lift

The women that are candidates for #breastlift– include:

A woman who’s had a pregnancy. Maybe her breasts have become either just deflated, or the skin has been stretched from pregnancy, and or breastfeeding. And now is in a lower position than she would like. So, by doing the breast lift, we can tighten the breast, tighten the breast skin, and put it into a more youthful position.

The other category is patients who have had weight loss, again, through either diet or surgical procedure. And a lot of women, when they lose weight, their breasts will lose weight, and they, again, may have some sagging of their breasts.

And then there’s a third category, which are #DevelopmentalBreastProblems.  I see young women that come to the office, and the two breasts are very asymmetric. One breast is lower than the other. There may be differences in size. Or there are certain conditions: one’s called tuberous breast deformity, where the breast has a more unusual shape. It may be very narrow at the base on the chest. The whole breast can be very narrow. There are different variations of it. But basically, that’s a growth and development problem that creates a lot of angst for a young woman.

Intended Result

A mastopexy or breast lift operation is designed to improve the shape and position of the breast without reducing their size. It is used for breasts which sag or droop (ptosis). Sagging of the breasts may occur with normal development for some women, or as part of the aging process. Pregnancy, breast-feeding and weight loss are other conditions which increase breast ptosis. Some patients will have a better shape to their breast such as increased superior fullness if an implant is used at the time of mastopexy. The procedure can also be combined with a minor breast reduction to reduce the breast width if desired. The surgery will create an elevated, more youthful breast contour. Also, the procedure will create nipple and areolae of the desired size and at the correct height.

I prefer to use a #shortscar technique, #LollipopScar or #DonutLift” rather than the majority of surgeons in the United States that use an anchor pattern lift which involve more significant scarring.

The best thing would be to take all of your questions to a consultation with a local board certified plastic surgeon to help determine which procedure would be best for you in order to help achieve your desired final results. Good luck.

Find there right surgeon to help you decide which treatment is for you?

Far more important than the technique is the skill and experience of your plastic surgeon. Choose your surgeon rather than the technique and let them explain why one technique may be better than another. 
See the below link on some suggestions on finding the most qualified Plastic Surgeon for a  Breast Augmentation

Large hanging breasts

Thank you for posting photos along with your question. It is unfortunate you have felt uncomfortable in your skin for so long. I am sorry to hear that. The good new however, is that there is something you can do about it! From the photos, it appears that you do have large breasts and that there is some asymmetry between them with one being significantly larger than the other. I think the operation you would benefit from is a breast reduction. Now, it is important to understand that a breast reduction and a breast lift have MANY similarities....In fact one of the main differences is really only dependent on whether breast tissue is removed or not. So by getting a breast reduction you will also be getting a lift! Also, when performing the breast reduction, symmetry can be improved between the breasts. Some women with breasts as large as yours also complain of back pain, neck pain, shoulder notching and rashes under their breasts. Often, getting a breast reduction can also alleviate many (but not necessarily all) of your symptoms! Hope this helps, good luck and make sure you are evaluated by a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon!

Ankur Mehta MD

Board Certified by The American Board of Plastic Surgery

Ankur Mehta, MD
Sugar Land Plastic Surgeon

Fixing saggy pendulous breasts

Thank you for your question and helpful photo. You have a very common problem where your breast tissue is very dense and the weight of it has pulled away from your chest. The Horndeski Method breast lift can reshape and reposition your breasts high on your chest wall creating projection and upper pole fullness without breast implants. Your tissues are used to simulate breast implants without using any foreign material. The weight of the breasts is transferred to your underlying chest muscles to provide long term results and to create improved cleavage. The vertical scar component has also been completely eliminated so results are aesthetically more pleasing. Attached is an example of THM. Implants are never used and the vertical incision is never necessary with this technique. You are welcome to browse my gallery for more examples. I hope this helps. 

Best wishes and kind regards, 

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift vs breast reduction vs breast augmentation and reduction

Your breasts are on the large size and quite saggy. A breast lift will move the nipple to a better location and change the shape a bit but it won't be impressive. Ultimately, you need a breast reduction to allow for the best shape of the new breast. In expert hands, a breast implant can be used with a breast reduction for the ultimate change.

A breast lift does not add anything to the top of the breast. You will not get any fullness up high where it is desired the most. A breast reduction will remove a lot of the saggy tissue which helps shape a more youthful breast. Combining a reduction and implant offers the best of both worlds.

There are options now with breasts like yours that didn't exist years ago. Don some homework and look and before and after results to get a better idea of what is happening with these different procedures.

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well, I suggest you to get a reduction with lift, you don't need implants because you have much breast tissue, your breasts will get a very nice improvement after they get lifted, do not worry, everything has a solution.

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Hard to tell with the picture that you posted but appears you have  a form of tuberous breasts, yes a lift will greatly improve the appearance, good luck and would be happy to see you in consultation.....

Jonathan Weiler, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

A breast lift with a reduction in your breast volume will give you a nice result. Your breasts will be reduced some in size, lifted to remove the sag, and the nipples placed in a more appropriate position on the breast mound with a diminished diameter. 

Consult with board certified plastic surgeons in your area.