BA scheduled next month, I feel good about it & my surgeon, but I still keep wavering over sizes. (Photo)

My stats: 35 yo, 33" around, A/B cup (fuller some days around that time of mo).. my doc measured 16 BWD and 6cm crease to nipple. Prebaby I was a very full B, when nursing a D+ and it felt very abnormal for me. Not trying to go larger than I was but rather regain the volume and "oomph" I once had. I am not stuck on a specific cup size. We decided on 325cc mod plus to help upper pole volume, silicone, under. The 1st pics are me, 2nd are what I would LOVE to achieve. Is this realistic for me?

Implant Selection

Thank you for your question. You are an excellent candidate for breast implants and can have significant improvement in your body image and self confidence. It is much better to accurately discuss implant volume and projection with an in office exam and detailed measurements.

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements/characteristics. I use these measurements to help me during the sizing process to guide you to a safe result for your chest wall and just as important, one that meets your end desires.

The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor. The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant. It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you during the sizing process.

In addition, review of photos and use of rice bags can be very helpful to the patient and surgeon in achieving a safe and happy result. Close intereaction and involvement from your surgeon during this process can help alleviate the anxiety and fears of choosing the right size.

I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.

Dr. Gill

Implant size

Hi, sds2007.  Thanks for your question and photos.  Your breast shape looks good.  With breast augmentation, you will have a great outcome. 
There are many variables in recommending implant size/type. I base my implant recommendation on patients' body (chest height, chest width, existing breast tissue) as well as their desired look. I would go for the desired look. Review before and after photos and see what kind of look that you want. Share your "wish" look with your plastic surgeon.
More meaningful recommendation can be made based on direct examination and in-person consultation.
Please visit with a board-certified plastic surgeon.
Best regards.

BA schedule next month.................

you should be able to try on the implants in your plastic surgeon's office. Indecision may mean that you are not ready for the surgery. Consult with your plastic surgeon.

Patrick Briggs, FRCSI(Plast Surg)
Perth Plastic Surgeon

Dimensional Planning

You should focus on the look not the cc or cup size. Bra's vary from store to store, and cc's mean nothing in isolation. You should have been measured and offered implants within a 5mm window of those measurements in multiple styles. For what's its worth, in my experience a dimensionally sound mod+ profile tends to go from an A+/B- to the magical full C or small D. A high profile would be about 100ccs larger to maintain the same base width and more like a Full D but VS will call it a DD or DDD. Ultimately, try on the different styles and look in the mirror. When you see the look you like pick that style! You are starting with favorable anatomy, and a mod+ should give you a very nice result. Best of luck.

Breast augmentation next month

I am confident that you will have a great result. I trust that you shared your 'desired after photos' with your surgeon. This would be important as it is obvious from the photos that you selected, that you want a very natural result. Congratulations on choosing very realistic desired photos that match your before pics so well but just with the 'oomph' you desire.

BA scheduled next month, I feel good about it & my surgeon, but I still keep wavering over sizes.

From a review of your photos you look like you will have a great result with the range of implants that you want.  Let your surgeon help you decide on the final size.

Thomas Guillot, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Implant size choice

I think that you are definitely in the right ball park as regards size choice to achieve the look that you desire.  Remember that there is some art involved in the surgical procedure and it isn't just a matter of picking a size and sticking it in a patient.  If he knows exactly what you want, then he will have the basis to help you choose the implant and can use his skill to place the implant in the best location, to best meet your desires.

John Dean, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Breast augmentation questions

Your selection of implants should be adequate to give you the desired appearance.  Depending upon the laxity of your breast tissue and skin you may consider using a shaped anatomic implant.  Since you were a full D during pregnancy the extra projection in the lower pole of the breast may be beneficial.  

Will a 325 cc implant yield a nice result for me

The 325 cc moderate plus profile implant should yield a nice result based on your pictures, if your breast base width is about 12.5 cm. Under the muscle is also a good choice and if done properly you should have an outstanding result. The inframammary incision yields reliable results with the lowest rate of capsular contracture.   If you would like some additional  educational information see the page below.

Jonathan Amspacher, MD
Kansas City Plastic Surgeon

Based on your stated goals, I think you have made a good choice. I think 325cc's is quite conservative, and you could certainly go larger. It would be beneficial to try on the implants so that you could get a visual prior to surgery. Good luck!