I'm having a BA, hoping to go from A to full B cupDoc suggested silicone mod-plus under muscle 325cc. Is this realistic? (Photo)

5'6, 122lbs, A cup with no volume, pre-pregnancy a very full B... When breastfeeding I went to a D (!!! Which never felt right on me) BWD 16cm, 33" around, 6cm nipple to crease. Is doc suggesting what I want/need? Is a lift suggested as well? I want to be a full B, fill out my old bras....help!

Choosing breast implant size

Breast Implant Size is a combination of subjective and objective criteria.There is not a direct correlation between the cc's of a breast implant and the corresponding cup size, as cup size is an inexact measurement that varies considerably among companies and even within the same company. Online consultants will not be able to guide you as well as surgeons who perform in person consultation.

The size of the implants are based on a combination of a patient's goals and objectives and her anatomy. In order to provide a natural looking augmentation, the surgeon needs to evaluate many factors including soft tissue coverage, skin laxity, chest wall width, breast imprint width, the shape of the breasts and relative level.

Consult in person with 3 experienced and expert board certified plastic surgeons to understand your options.

Reasonable Size for Reasonable Results

Thanks for your question. Based on your photos alone, I tend to agree with your doctor. It sounds like you have a very reasonable goal, and 325 cc should give you the results you like. Other considerations, such as implant profile, are made based on the other proportions of your body. It doesn't appear that a lift is necessary. A breast augmentation with correctly sized silicone implants is likely your best bet. For further peace of mind, you may consider consulting with an additional surgeon for a second opinion. Best of luck!

Rocco C. Piazza, MD

How do I get to a full B? Do I need a lift with my breast augmentation?

It does not appear you need a lift based on the photos. A 325cc implant seems it would be in the right ballpark to be at least a B if not a C. Cup size is of course an imprecise measure so you will likely find yourself in different cup size bras with different companies (as I'm sure you find yourself now before surgery..) 

Good luck!

The Perfect Breast

Size is a critical question for many women who choose breast augmentation. The key is to work with a Board Certified plastic surgeon with expertise and experience in breast augmentation. There is an ideal shoe size for your foot. Too small and your foot will be crammed and too large and your foot will not fill the shoe. The same thing is true with breasts: too large and it will look round and fake; too small and it will be loose and empty on the top. The common denominator to the most beautiful breasts is that they were sized objectively on the basis of measurements. We combine a proven formula based on measurements of the rests and chest along with through discussions of patient's desires. Photos of ideal breasts and results from patients with similar breasts are often very helpful in the discussion. A rice test in the office or at home can also be very helpful.

Breast augmentation

Thank you for your question and photos.  Given the amount of breast tissue that you currently have, it appears that you will achieve a nice result with the implant size and type that has been recommended for you.  You do not need a lift.  Please keep in mind that it is very difficult to predict cup size prior to surgery.  As long as you have clearly voiced your goals to a board certified plastic surgeon, you should feel confident moving forward with the procedure to get your desired result.

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

Your breasts still look youthful, just a little deflated, so I think you will get a nice cosmetic result from a 325cc implant. This is an average size that should fit your breasts well. Of course, no one can guarantee a cup size, as that is dependent on the brand and style of bra. Best of luck!

Silicone Moderate Plus Under Muscle is a Reasonable Option

While it's difficult to make spot-on recommendations from photos alone & without seeing your tissue in person, 325cc Moderate-Plus Silicone Implants seem like a very reasonable option for you. Keep in mind, most surgeons will have an array of implants available in the OR so that if the first option doesn't look perfect, they can try out other options with temporary "sizer" implants before deciding on the final option. For example, in your case a surgeon might have sizes available in the room ranging from 300cc to 350cc, in varying projections. I never tell a patient that they will wake up with a certain size, but rather that I will give them a small range and assure them that I will choose the best option depending on how their tissues react to and hold the implant. 

From your pictures, I would not expect that a lift is necessary-- augmenting a breast will lift the nipple slightly regardless, and your degree of descent *should be corrected by augmentation alone. 

Don't forget to inquire about the newer "teardrop"/"gummy bear" implant, as this may be a good option for you to achieve a more natural result. 

I hope this this info was useful. 
Good luck!

--Dr. Subbio

Christian Subbio, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Will 325 look good?

There are many variables in recommending implant size/type. I base on implant recommendation on patients' body (chest height, chest width, existing breast tissue) as well as their desired look. I usually do not talk about cup size. As you know, cup size varies with brand and styles of bra. I would go for the desired look. Review before and after photos and see what kind of look that you want.
Implants come in different types (silicone, saline), shape (round, anatomic), and profiles and volume.
More meaningful recommendation can be made based on direct examination and in-person consultation.
Please visit with a board-certified plastic surgeon to learn about your options.

Hi there. Your surgeon's implant choice seems quite appropriate and there's no need for a breast lift. Revisit the size topic with your surgeon to ensure that you're on the same page.  Good luck. 

Breast augmentation candidate, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

I recommend you, to use a microtexturized highly cohesive silicon implants ("gummy bear" implants), with high projection, under the muscle and with a volume of 350cc. 

Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD