55 and want BBL and lipo. Is it safe for me?

I had a stoke in 2013 from Dr not being able to find right medicine to control high blood pressure, pressure is under control 117/72 -122/80.. I am on c pap machine every night, can I want a bbl and lipo. My weight is 177 height is 5ft 3in but I am very muscular. I am in the gym 3-4 week I eat healthy days out of the week. It is safe for me to have this surgery.

Liposuction and BBL candidate?

Thank you for your question. The best way to find out if you´re fit for surgery is through an examination with a board certified plastic surgeon. He or she will check your medical history and blood work to see if you´re healthy and ready for surgery. Ideal candidates are at a stable weight with a BMI lower than 30. When planning a Brazilian butt lift, patients can look forward to a double benefit: reducing areas of unwanted fat while gaining a perkier, rounded posterior.  Each procedure must be planned according to the individual needs of patients, harvesting fat from target areas of the torso, thighs or knees and transferring it to create smooth, attractive contours optimized for each person. That said, you definitely have to choose your surgeon correctly and make sure that he/she has the training and experience to meet your goals with absolute safety.  Best is a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with specialized expertise in this procedure.

Is it safe for you?

Ideal candidates are at a stable weight,  in good health , and have excess fat in some parts of the body and too little in other regions.  Gaining weight before the procedure is to no advantage and when you lose weight again the fat cells will shrink just like the donor site fat cells.  Typically, the transferred fat results in a significant increase in volume of the body site being treated.

I would recommend scheduling a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to have a full body examination and review of your medical history to determine whether you are a good candidate for a BBL. In regards to your high blood pressure, as long as it is controlled and you provide medical clearance for surgery from your medical doctor/PCP then you should be fine to undergo surgery. Best of luck in your endeavors.
James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon