I'm 5'10, 280lbs, I had a baby 11moths ago. Can I get a Tummy Tuck if I can how much? (photos)

I am 5/9 280lbs just had a baby 11months ago can I get a Tummy tuck

I'm 5'10, 280lbs, I had a baby 11moths ago. Can I get a Tummy Tuck if I can how much?

Thank you for your question and photographs and congratulations on your newborn.  Because we know complications with surgery to increase with increasing weight, I would recommend you follow a healthy diet and exercise regimen until you reach a lower BMI.  Any weight loss before surgery will not only be in your best interest from a safety point of view, but also in obtaining the best cosmetic results.  Hope this helps.

It is probably reasonable to lose additional weight so that the BMI is in a safer range.
Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Tummy Tuck/Abdominoplasty/Liposuction/Vaser High Definition Procedures/Tummy Tuck Revision

I appreciate your question. For health and safety reasons, best to be at a BMI less than 30 or within 10 pounds of your goal weight and stable at that weight for 6 months prior to surgery for optimal results. Cost varies by geographic location, surgeon expertise, OR time, anesthesia, length of procedure etc.  I would recommend that you go to The American Society of Plastic Surgery website and look for a list of board certified plastic surgeons in your area.  You can call their offices in advance and ask for quotes prior to scheduling consultations. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon

Full tummy tuck candidate, some advices:

Thanks for the question.In this regard, I'm totally agree with you, therefore i recommend you a Full Tummy Tuck with muscle repair, to get a flat abdomen and weist and back Liposculpture, getting better curves especially in the waist, improving your body contour. Finally, I suggested take the fat we get and transfer to the buttocks and hips, to mold them and get better volume, contour and butt projection, is that we know as "Brazilian Butt Lift" (BBL).Kind regards,Dr. Emmanuel Mallol.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Tummy tuck candidate?

Thank you for your question. From the information you provided you show a BMI of 41 which is really high for surgery. It will be best to reach a stable weight within the safe range with a BMI of 30 or lower to reduce risks during and after surgery, also to maximize results. That said, you definitely have to choose your surgeon correctly and make sure that he/she has the training and experience to meet your goals with absolute safety.  Don’t settle for less than a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with specialized expertise in this procedure.

Timing of tummy tuck

Thank you for your question and photos. As a rule of thumb, it is best to have a BMI (Body Mass Index) of 30 or less when having a tummy tuck.  Your BMI can be calculated online with just your height and weight.  The reason for this is that studies have shown that your risk of complications will increase dramatically if you have a tummy tuck with a BMI much greater than 30.  Your results will be better as well. There are some exceptions to this.  For example, if a person loses a significant amount of weight (around 100 lbs or more) but still has a BMI over 30, often they will have a large amount of skin and fat hanging down.  This is called a pannus.  In this situation, a tummy tuck is often a reasonable option.  It is best to have an in person consultation with a board certified Plastic Surgeon in your area.  If you are not currently a candidate, he or she can advise you as to how much weight you need to lose prior to having the procedure. Best of luck. 

Laurence Weider, MD

Timing for tummy tuck surgery...

Thank you for the question and pictures.  Generally speaking, it is always best to achieve long-term stable weight prior to proceeding with  body contouring surgery. Doing so, will increase the safety of the operation, will likely improve the outcome of the operation, and will decrease chances that additional surgery will become necessary subsequently. In my practice, I do not ask specific patients to achieve a specific weight prior to proceeding with tummy tuck surgery. I simply ask patients to achieve a long-term stable weight where he/she feels comfortable and does not expect significant fluctuation postoperatively.  As you know, recruiting other professionals such as personal trainers, nutritionists, physicians who specialize in weight loss concerns etc. may be helpful to you.  

Generally speaking, the “ideal” patient for tummy tuck surgery is one who has completed pregnancies, is psycho socially/emotionally/financially stable, has an excellent social support system surrounding him/her, is capable of arranging enough recovery time, does not smoke and who has reached a long-term stable weight.  
When it comes to cost of surgery, there may be many “variables” involved. The specific surgeon's credentials/experience level (or lack thereof), the specific geographic area you are looking at, the different operations available, the location of the procedure ( quality of surgery facility), type/quality of anesthesia provider… are some of the potential variables involved.  You will find some average costs of surgery listed on this website and on individual plastic surgeons' websites (including attached link) as well. I hope this, and the attached link (dedicated to tummy tuck surgery concerns) helps. Best wishes.

Candidate for TT

Good candidates are patients who are healthy but have EXCESS SKIN OR FAT that does not 
respond to diet and exercise. Patients who have undergone SIGNIFICANT WEIGHT LOSS 
and have hanging skin. Women with loose skin and stretch marks FOLLOWING PREGNANCY. 
Anyone with LOSS OF SKIN ELASTICITY. Patients who are unable to tighten the abdominal
wall with exercise. Or if you have loose or sagging abdominal wall skin; often associated 
with relaxation of the anterior abdominal wall muscles (frequently secondary to multiple
pregnancies). Best Candidates for a #mini-tummy tuck just have mild loose skin in the lower tummy near the pubis region.

Tummy Tuck - Weight loss first?

Thank you for your question and photos. Congratulations on your weight loss journey. I believe it is best to be within 15 pounds of your ideal body weight prior to surgery for optimal results. Please consult with a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in body contouring for an in-person examination. Ask to see a lot of before and after pictures of their work to understand what can be achieved. Hope this helps and good luck.