25 years old 5'3 , 135 lbs. Breast Size 36 DDD. Am I a good candidate? (Photo)

I'm 25 years old. 135lbs. 5'3 in height. One child. Breast size 36DDD. Yes, I have insurance. Do you think I'm a good candidate for A Breast reduction? I have horrible back aches and my shoulders seem to have a slight slouch in them. Keep in mind before my son I was a full B cup. I would love to go back to a full A cup or B cup! I've complain to my pcp and she did performed two "Breast cancer checks" because I told her my Breast were heavy. But she didn't document it

Breast Reduction/Breast lift / Breast Augmentation/ Breast Implants/ Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants

I appreciate your question.

From your photos, you appear to be an excellent candidate for a breast reduction/lift.  This would reposition your nipples and reshape your breasts, giving them a more youthful appearance.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Breast reduction

You are an excellent candidate for breast reduction surgery. See a board certified plastic surgeon who can explain the procedure to you in detail.  I believe that you will fulfill insurance criteria which you should research online. Good luck!

Breast reduction, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us. 
After having analyzed all the information provided to us, i can realize that you have very large breasts for your height and weight, and can be responsible for head, back, neck and shoulder pain.

In the future may cause  permanent osteo-articular damage in the back and shoulders and skin problems (mainly under the breasts). For for this reasons, certainly you need a breast reduction surgery.

Kind regards

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Breast reducotn

You look like a good candidate for a reduction and lift. Best to be seen in person to be properly evaluated.

Breast reduction: Am I a good candidate?

A plastic surgeon can submit your photos and a letter of your symptoms to your insurance company. They will then let you know if you meet the criteria for insurance coverage. At a consultation, you can see before and after photos of women who are similar to you and discuss your goals to help you figure out if surgery will accomplish  them. Hope this information is helpful and good luck. For more information on this and similar topics, I recommend a plastic surgery Q&A book like "The Scoop On Breasts: A Plastic Surgeon Busts the Myths."

Ted Eisenberg, DO, FACOS
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Breast reduction candidate

Thank you for your question and provided photos.  Based on the information provided, you appear to be a good candidate for a breast reduction and lift.  Candidates for a breast reduction commonly have large breasts that cause a number of symptoms for the patient.  These can include back pain, neck pain, shoulder pain, and rashes to mention a few.  Breast reduction patients truly are some of the most pleased patients.  The surgery allows resolution of their symptoms while additionally improving their breast shape and size.  I encourage you to seek consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss the process in more detail.

Dr. Mooty

R. Clark Mooty, MD
Lubbock Plastic Surgeon

Breast Size 36 DDD. Am I a good candidate?

Thank you for the question. Based on your description and pictures, you may be an excellent candidate for breast reduction surgery. This operation tends to be one of the most patient pleasing operations we perform. Of course, definitive assessment and advice would require in person evaluation.

“Typical” patients who present for breast reduction surgery are women who have disproportionately large breasts, causing problems such as neck/back/shoulder discomfort, postural changes, bra strap grooving, skin irritation/rashes under the breasts, and/or difficulty with activities of daily living and/or exercise etc. There may be both physical as well as psychosocial “stress” caused by the disproportionately large breasts.

Reducing breast tissue mass and elevating the breasts on the chest wall tend to improve or alleviate many of the symptoms associated with the disproportionately large breasts.

Patients considering breast reduction surgery should also consider the potential downsides (risks/complications) associated with the procedure as well. Poor scarring, for example may be associated with the procedure. Additional surgery may be necessary in the short or longer term for a multitude of reasons.

When the time is right, I suggest that you seek consultation with well experienced plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience achieving the types of outcomes you would be pleased with. Ultimately, careful selection of your plastic surgeon will be the most important decision you make.

To this end, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices concentrate on aesthetic surgery. Ask to see lots of examples of their work and preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done.  

I hope this, and the attached link (dedicated to breast reduction surgery concerns), helps. Best wishes.

Breast reduction

Thank you for your question. Anyone who has breast that are causing them symptoms such as you describe (back aches, poor posture, neck pain, shoulder pain, pain and discomfort from bra straps, shoulder grooving, headaches, etc.) is a candidate for breast reduction surgery. Most insurance carriers cover breast reduction with certain guidelines which must be met such as your height, weight, and the amount of breast tissue to be removed. Viewing your pictures and complaints, I see no reason why a breast reduction should not give you relief of your symptoms as well as smaller and more shapely breasts. Be sure to seek out a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon with experience in breast surgery. Good luck!

Eric E. Wegener, MD
Jackson Plastic Surgeon

A breast reduction would help.

You appear to be a good candidate for breast reduction but to meet insurance requirements you need to be seen by a plastic surgeon to determine if you would meet the insurance requirements.  All insurances set criteria for breast reductions.  It is usually based on a formula calculated from your height and weight.  Depending on the number from the result of that calculation, it determines how much weight needs to be removed from each breast for your insurance to consider it a breast reduction.  See a board certified plastic surgeon for an examination and they can help you understand if you would qualify.  Good luck.

Breast reduction

Thank you for the pictures and question, looks like you are a great candidate for a breast reduction,an in-person consultation would better evaluate you and explain to you in detail this procedure, consult with a board certified PS,best of luck!