Can Radiesse be safely used in smile lines?

Lots of Safety Data for Radiesse

Radiesse is FDA approved for the nasolabial folds (between your nose and mouth) and that means that it was found to be safe and effective in that area.  It has been safely used for many years in that area.  It would feel very comfortable about using it in that area, if that is what you are calling the "smile lines".  Sometimes, people call the small radial cheek lines of the face "smile lines".  If that is what you are talking about, I would recommend a smoother filler like Belotero, which integrates into the more superficial layers of the skin better, and is made by the same company as Radiesse, called Merz.

Philadelphia Facial Plastic Surgeon

Volbella®, Belotero® and Restylane Silk® are the 2017 preferred fillers for superficial fine lines. Please consult a board certified aesthetic dermatologist for a consultation.

Manjula Jegasothy, MD
Miami Dermatologist

RADIESSE® can be used to safely treat smile lines.

Since RADIESSE® does not dissolve once injected like some hyaluronic acid fillers, it’s especially important to have it administered by a qualified plastic surgeon. An experienced plastic surgeon will assess the depth of your facial lines and help you determine whether they would most likely respond best to RADIESSE® or to other fillers such as Restylane®. Administering RADIESSE® to the smile lines must be done with great care in order to achieve natural-looking results.  

Lee B. Daniel, MD
Eugene Plastic Surgeon

Radiesse is FDA approved for the nasolabial folds (between your nose and mouth). It can be used safely in the smile lines. However, I prefer to use Restylane or Belotero in this area as they are thinner fillers. I recommend having a consultation with an expert. 

Hardik Soni, MD
Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Radiesse for smile lines?

While radiesse is possible to be used for the smile lines, there may be better alternatives. Consult with an experienced and expert physician injector to understand your options.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Radiesse for Smile Lines

Radiesse is an excellent stimulatory filler that enhances collagen production over time and it is safely used on the tissues of the face to restore facial harmony and counteract the effects of aging. It is optimal for deeper lines and volume loss correction, so Radiesse is great for the area of smile lines, its effects may last up to 18 months. I use this in my practice for facial contouring and rejuvenation as well. Thank you for your question. 

Edward E. Dickerson, IV, MD
Fayetteville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Radiesse and smile lines

Radiesse is one of the  many fillers that we use to soften the smile lines. It is a great tool for deeper folds more so than fine creases, and also works great in cheeks, chins,temples, and hands (off label). Is is very safe for use when injected by an experienced physician.

Warm regards,

Dr. Pedy Ganchi                                                                                                                                                          Village Plastic Surgery

Pedy Ganchi, MD
Ridgewood Plastic Surgeon

Hi, I've performed many dermal filler treatments over the past 30 years.  yes, Radiesse can be used in the smile lines (nasolabial folds) but I prefer using Restylane Lyft which has less lumpiness and skin irritation immediately following injection.

Hope this helps.

Radiesse

Radiesse is a great option to use to help fill the Nasolabial folds and to sculpt different areas of the face.  It typically lasts one year to a year and a half.  I would make an appointment with a doctor that is experienced with injecting Radiesse to see if it is an option for you.

Can Radiesse be safely used for smile lines?

Radiesse is comprised of Calcium Hydroxylapatite (CaHA) microspheres which can provide immediate volume correction, and continues to work by stimulating the body to produce its own natural collagen. Overtime the body metabolizes the CaHA  and therefore it is still considered as a temporary filler even though it is "irreversible." If you are having fillers for the first time consider "reversible fillers" such as Juvederm or Restylane  which are comprised of Hyaluronic acid. I believe replacing the mid face volume should be done prior to nasolabial correction to avoid unnatural appearance. 

Best of luck

Dr. Shanthala

Shanthala Shivananjappa, MD
Boston Physician