Effect of filler. What is this? (Photo)

More than 5 years ago I got filler (forget what type) in my laugh lines and cheeks. As a result I have this bulging area on right side near laugh line. When first happened I thought it was migrated filler and massaged and massaged. Clearly was not since it did nothing, all my filler has gone by now and I still have this raised area. What is this/what happened? I'm considering having more filler but I'm scared about this area because I don't know what happened and I don't want to make it worse...

Side effects from filler

After 5 years, your body has broken down and reabsorbed the original filler.  You may have had an inflammatory reaction with subsequent granuloma formation at the time of the procedure, but it is really impossible to tell this far out.  Seek a consultation with an experienced cosmetic physician.  There are likely some good options for you, but don't be afraid to ask questions!

Williamsport Thoracic Surgeon

Permanet Side Effects of Filler

It is difficult to assess a permanent reaction to filler five years out. Hyaluronic acid fillers dissolve within a year unless you had an allergic reaction to the filler.  Please consult a board certified dermatologist who is an expert in fillers to evaluate the situation.  Best, Dr. Green