Is a lip lift revision advisable? (Photo)

Had a list lift 22 months ago. Not a good result. Feel that the Dr. was too conservative and not meticulous when closing the incision. No teeth show. Scar still visible. Is a revision a good idea.

Lip Lift

Thank you for your question. I suggest that you move forward and consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon. The in-person examination will allow you two to explore a revision surgery versus a filler. Fillers can augment your lips in a temporary way that will allow you to see if the results are worthwhile.

Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Is a lip lift revision advisable?

Hello Kirby247 - Thanks for your question. You have completed healing at this point. Since you are not happy with your results, a revision certainly sounds reasonable. Most patients look good with 12-15mm of upper lip vertical length after lip lift surgery. If you have more than this, then you still have room for improvement. Work with a specialist in revision facial surgery for the best chance at the optimum outcome. 

Good luck, 

Dr. Shah

Manish H. Shah, MD, FACS
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Lip lift

If you were my patient I would not recommend revision at this point. There are other options to augment the lip. The scar is visible. This is likely because it was closed under tension which all lift lip procedures are. It is advised to always be conservative with lip lift as the scar can turn out rather noticeable. 

Consider fat grafting or filler to augment the central portion of your upper lip and in my eyes you will look great!

Hope this helps.

DrC

Benjamin Caughlin, MD
Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon