Swelling under arms due to Lipo. Any suggestions?

I had a tummy tuck and Brest reduction with under arm Lipo 5 days ago about how long till the swelling goes down under the arms

#breastreduction #breastlift #plasticsurgery

Hi paige, Congratulations on your recent surgery and thank you for sharing your question about your post operative recovery and results after your surgery.  Final results can take up to 12 months for all the swelling to subside.  At our office here at CARE we actually see all of our surgery patients the very next day after surgery and then again at two weeks and beyond. We enjoy staying closely connected to our patients and enjoy giving the extra attention and service.  Your concerns are important to discuss directly with your board certified plastic surgeon.  He or she will appreciate the open communication and will want to help you. I hope this is helpful and wish you all the very best.  Sincerely, Brian S. Coan, MD, FACS
CARE Plastic Surgery

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Mommy make-over with under arm liposuction - how long does arm swelling last

Thank you for asking about your mommy make-over and under arm liposuction.

• Swelling is a natural response to surgery -
  • It will usually peak at day 5
  • Stabilize for 2 weeks.
  • Begin to subside and be greatly improved at 6 weeks
  • Your final result appears no earlier than 6 months.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Swelling under arms after lipo

Swelling after liposuction is expected and normal.  You really need to be patient, wear your compression garment, take arnica Montana and most importantly follow your Surgeons post operative instructions.

Good luck

N. Bill Aydin, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Swelling after lipo

Most swelling will subside over 6-8 weeks but there will be residual swelling for up to 4-6 months. Best of luck.

Let's Add some AfterCare

Swelling can last for several weeks.  I recommend Lymphatic massage, RF treatments (venus legacy, exilis ultra, Vanquish) in combination with shock/vibration therapy like Cellutone/z wave, hyperbaric oxygen and compression in order to decrease swelling and improve results. See an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Liposuction - Compression Garment

Thank you for your question and congratulations on your recent procedures. I recommend wearing a compression garment for 4 - 6 weeks following surgery. Marena makes quality post operative support garments. You should also follow your plastic surgeon's advice regarding level of physical activity and use of a compression garment. Hope this helps!