Surgery in the Dominican Republic, worst decision I made ever. What can be done to fix this? (Photo)

I had horrible results from a doctor in the Dominican republic and he wanted another 6 grand to fix it. I can't find a state bound dcotro to fix it what can be done to fix this??
Click here to search for board certified surgeons in your area.

Doctor Answers 5

When to Consider Gynecomastia Revision Surgery

Typically, its best to wait at least one year following the initial surgery to consider a revision. It is imperative you select a plastic surgeon who is #board-certified and has a great deal of experience with male breast #reduction. Plastic surgeons who have specialized in breast surgery and cosmetic surgery are suitable to perform your procedure. Aside from checking board-certification, it is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision.

Please be advised that each patient is unique and previous results are not a guarantee for individual outcomes. As with all cosmetic surgery, results will be rewarding if expectations are realistic. With any surgical procedure, there are some risks which your doctor will discuss with you during your consultation.

Orange County Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 109 reviews


Repairing bad results from cosmetic surgery requires expertise and good planning. It may require more scars. different procedure and multiple procedure. I believe you gynecomastia results need revision, but a thorough discussion is needed to explain the options and the expected results.
If you had a tummy tuck, picture does not show much , then that too can be revised and a better contour can be achieved. You need a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to work with.

Samir Shureih, MD
Baltimore Plastic Surgeon
4.2 out of 5 stars 7 reviews

Cosmetic Tourism Issues

So sorry you are having this problem, but I have been warning people in Real Self about possible issues like this with Cosmetic Tourism. It appears that you need Tummytuck revision. Be sure to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon, it may cost more than what your Dominican surgeon is charging, but as you unfortunately discovered, you get what you pay for! Good luck

Robert M. Tornambe, MD
New York Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 28 reviews

Overhanging tissue

It looks like you need revision of your tummy tuck incisions to remove the excess tissue. An exam in person is key.  Best of luck.

Steven Wallach, MD
New York Plastic Surgeon
4.1 out of 5 stars 29 reviews


Thank you for the question and the photos and sorry for your complication.  That said the problem can be fixed but an examination is needed.  So see some experts in your area.

Dr. Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD
Los Angeles Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 61 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.