Small or medium chin implant work for subtle unnoticeable change? (Photo)

Would a medium or small would be best for subtle change? Not looking for a overly strong chin just something to help balance face and maybe a little lipo. I am not looking to tell friends or coworkers so, I would like to know would it be possible to go unnoticed? How long to take off from work? I would probably grow a beard to help conceal it for the first couple of weeks. Is chin implant worth it for me? Not looking to change the way I look, just enhance.. is that possible? thxs

Chin size

I hate to say it but nothing but a large implant is worth putting in. 
Done under local with a intra oral incsion, most people are ready for public viewing in a week or so. 
You'll see that people will say you look better but wont know why.

Great Neck Plastic Surgeon

Chin Implant

A chin implant that is sized well will give you a good result.
Computer imaging can show the changes and help in choosing the size of the implant.
Simple measurements also will help

Look for an experienced facial plastic surgeon to get natural-looking chin implant results

Thanks for your inquiry. Chin implants are an amazing surgical choice to help balance a person's profile,and they can be coupled with liposuction to produce great results. The surgery is straightforward and has a low complication rate. The recovery is generally easy, and most of our patients are back to work 1 week following the procedure. The incision is made under the chin, and the stitches come out in 5-7 days, so you may not even feel the need to grow a beard. Choose an experienced, reputable facial plastic surgeon for the most natural-looking results and ask to see before and after photos of previous chin implant patients. You can also look for a clinic that has a VECTRA 3D imaging system, which simulates the expected results so that you can preview what you will look like as the result of a chin implant.

Cory Torgerson, MD, PhD, FRCSC
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Small or medium chin implant work for subtle unnoticeable change?

Hi, based upon the attached photos your chin is quite weak.  A medium sized Chin Implant to augment the chin would subtly create harmony and balance to the entire lower face.  Hope this helps.

Chin implant

For men, I use size Medium implants most of the time, and size Large in extreme cases. When paired with liposuction, this can be a dramatic improvement in the neck and jawline contour. The exact shape/model of the implant would be determined with your surgeon, based on your specific anatomy. Best of luck!

Evan Ransom, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Considering chin implant

You should obtain a nice improvement with a moderate size chin implant and liposuction of your neck. We encourage men to grow their beard before facial, chin and neck surgery in order to conceal things for a few weeks. Typically, after they shave, everyone tells them how much better they look without a beard. Your time off from work will depend on what type of job you have. Obtain a consultation with a  board certified plastic surgeon to discuss all of this in greater detail.

Medium Chin Implant

You should do well with a medium chin implant with liposuction.  It should give you the subtle change you are looking for.  A beard may not be necessary to conceal the surgery.  Best wishes!

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Chin implant candidate

The photographs demonstrate a weak and reassessive chin profile. A chin implant is placed for patient's who wanted to augment their profile. Chin implants are manufactured in a variety of sizes and shapes, which is best determined at the time of the consultation and examination. In our practice, most implants we perform are size small and medium. A subtle improvement would be a size small, while moderate improvement would be a size medium. We have found the large implants tend to distort the facial features and patients simply don't tolerate them well. For more information and many examples, please see the video and the length below