Round silicone or anatomical form stable? (Photo)

Hi! I was wondering if anyone could recommend if round silicone or "gummy bear" implants would give me the most natural results for my body type and which ones will feel and move like a natural breast. I am 22, 5 ft 2 in, 115 lbs, and have full sized 32B boobs. I will include pictures of my boobs now and wish pics of what I would like then to be, I hope you can give me some advice on the pros and cons of each type and what you think would be best with the limited information I provided. Thanks!

Breast augmentation

hello and thank you for the question and your photos. Based upon your photos of your current breasts and your desired goals you are starting from a good overall shape and form. Your photos demonstrate a degree of asymmetry with one breast larger than the other. Your profile shows good aesthetic shape of the breast and your nipples appear aligned. For patients with your shape and size I generally recommend a standard gel implant. In my opinion the gummy bear or an anatomic teardrop shaped implants are best suited for women who are starting with very little breast tissue if any and are hoping to achieve a very natural shape after surgery. Given the fact that you are starting with a good shape and ample breast tissue that requirement does not apply to you. Having said that the bigger issue is trying to deal with your asymmetry in size. Keep in mind that size asymmetry diminishes with augmentation however shape asymmetry is worsened by augmentation. I recommend for you to seek an in-person consultation with board certified plastic surgeons in your area before making any final decisions.
As always you should be healthy, no smoking, and to make sure any health care concerns you have are managed by your primary care doctor.
You should consider taking about a week off of work and about a month out of the gym after surgery.
Best to you 

Rockville Plastic Surgeon

Which implant to choose

Most importantly, you are at a good starting point.  Your breasts have good shape, and already have enough volume to adequately cover, mask, and soften an implant, regardless of which kind is used.  The difference between the two implants is very subtle.  The teardrop will give less of a fullness up top, maintaining more of a natural slope.  However, they adhere to the tissue around them, and therefore, move somewhat less naturally. From your preoperative photos, as well as wish picks, honestly I think you would have a great result regardless of which you went with.  The trade-off of slightly less natural movement versus slightly fuller upper pole is really one of patient preference, and to be determined with thoughtful, experienced consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon.
Best of luck! Dr. Subbio
Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon
Newtown Square/Philadelphia, PA

Christian Subbio, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Breast implants

Smooth round gels give natural results and do assume a tear drop shape under the muscle. We use them in the majority of cases. They also come in higher fill Sientras and Natrelle Inspira. Sizing and style would be based upon your measurements and goals at consultation. The anatomic implants are indicated in specific cases but can pose issues.An exam and consultation with a plastic surgeon is recommended to discuss your options and expectations. 

Breast augmentation

Hello and thank you for your question. You are a great candidate for a breast augmentation.  The size of the implant is based on your desired breast size/shape, your chest wall measurements, and soft tissue quality.  This decision should be based on a detailed discussion with equal input from both you and your surgeon.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.   The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Round or Teardrop silicone ?

As most know the teardrop shape implants are considered  "form stable". They have a thicker silicone to maintain thir shape-- smaller at the top , larger at the bottom.  They must keep their position in the body, so they are textured, so they will stick inside and not rotate sideways.Smooth round  silicone implants take on a teardrop shape  when under the muscle, are softer and if they rotate it will make no difference-because they are round.While there is no absolute answer- I tend to favor smooth round. By moving internally I feel they behave more naturally and look less stuck on.The best advice I can give is to let your surgeon evaluate your breasts and see which shape and style fits your frame and goals the best.Best wishes.

Adam Tattelbaum, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Review before/after photos

This is a technical question for which you will get different answers because some surgeons prefer one type of implant over another.  To make you decision easier I recommend that you review the before/after photos of surgeons you are going to see and you decide if you like their work/results (make sure they show you three views from each patient - front, quarter turn and profile views and that they show you a lot of photos); if you like the results then you go meet the doctor to see if you like the doctor and their office.

Andre Aboolian, MD

Breast implants, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.
After having analyzed all the information and photos provided to us, I realize that you have very small breasts. In this regard, you need volume (implants) :Breast Augmentation
I recommend you to use microtexturized highly cohesive silicone implant ("gummy bear" implants), with high projection, and 450ml will be excelent on you, to fill the breasts properly.
Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Round silicone vs anatomic form stable

Based on the photos (both of you and the pictures of the women whose breast shape and volume you like), I think you would do very well with a round silicone implant. Good luck!

Salem Samra, MD
Middletown Plastic Surgeon

Breast Implants

Thank you for your question and for sharing appropriate photos. You seem to be a good candidate for breast augmentation. If you are looking for the most natural feel, silicone shaped implants are a good choice. However if you wish to have upper pole fullness and more cleavage, you might consider round implants as well. I recommend patients undergoing Vectra 3D Imaging to get an idea of how different implants would look on on you. You will need to have a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon for precise recommendations. 

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS

Implants

Based on your "wish pics" I feel that round, silicone gummy non-textured implants would be best for you I recommend an in-office examination as well as a detailed discussion with a surgeon who you are comfortable with and who is a board-certified Plastic Surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. Best wishes! Dr. Desai
Harvard Educated, Beverly Hills & Miami Beach Trained, Double-Board Certified Plastic Surgeon