Nose is one side lower after face/neck lift and eye lids does not look smooth after surgery. (photos)

I had a neck, face lift plus eye lid surgery. One nostril looks lower than the other and the curve in one nostril is almost straight comparing to what used to be. Surgery was done on June 14 Will the nose go back to what used to be Also my ears are both rounded and pouting up. Is that a result of the swollen? Will those bumps on the side of my face go away? The eye lids looks rough One eye still looks lower than the other I had local anesthesia and feels really hard on the area close to my ears.

Asymmetries early postop

You appear to have had an asymmetric nose preoperatively, as many patients do but oftentimes we don't realize our asymmetries until after a procedure is done when we more closely scrutinize ourselves.  

The other areas you mentioned appear to be within the limits of postoperative swelling. 

I would urge you to discuss these questions with your surgeon. 

I hope that is helpful and best wishes, 

Dr. Donath 

Cincinnati Facial Plastic Surgeon

Facelift

Thank you for your question. You are experiencing swelling and some minor bruising. Please remain patient throughout your recovery and follow your surgeon's recovery guidelines diligently. I suggest that you keep your board certified facial plastic surgeon appraised of your healing process.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

EARLY RESULT CONCERNING

You need more time to heal and for the swelling to go down in order to form a reasonable judgement.  You are still early in the process but I don't see any cause for alarm at this point.

R. Scott Yarish, MD

Asymmetry after facial surgery

2 weeks is a short time for the swelling to go down and the skin to be normal.  Let your plastic surgeon assess your concerns and examine your condition.  

Samuel Shatkin, Jr., MD
Buffalo Plastic Surgeon

Time heals and you will be fine

You will be fine as time passes and healing progresses,   Your nose will be fine as will eyes and cheeks.   Your ears may take the longest to settle down and could need a little revision but all else will be fine.  My Best,  Dr Commons

Swelling and asymmetry 2 weeks after surgery

At this early time you are experiencing normal swelling.  Your swelling will continue to decrease and your incisions will improve.  Asymmetries are normal at this time.

I would continue to have follow up with your surgeon, and expect these issues to resolve.

Ernest Robinson, MD
Aliso Viejo Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nose is one side lower after face/neck lift and eye lids does not look smooth after surgery.

Hello Ap515,

At two weeks out you still have at least 20% of your maximum swelling which is why you are seeing the various asymmetries and contour irregularities.  As the swelling does down those areas will continue to improve.  Continue to follow up with your surgeon to make sure everything is healing appropriately.

I hope this helps and good luck.  

William Marshall Guy, MD
The Woodlands Facial Plastic Surgeon

Post op facelift

You look very good for so early after the surgery.  Any small asymmetries will usually resolve with time.  Your lids look good and much better than pre-op.  Ear shows normal swelling in the lobe.  You have to be patient.   

John J. Martin, Jr., MD
Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon

Post-op

You are "fresh" out of surgery.  You have to be patient and give it time to heal.  Your nose was crooked before surgery and should not have impacted its curve.

Patience!

You are only 2 weeks post-op, and I assume that when these pictures were taken, because the sutures in your eyelids are still present, it was about 7-10 days post-op.  Be patient.  There is no anatomic reason why your nose should have changed except perhaps swelling.  I suspect that after several months everything will smooth out and your nose will return to normal.  Have you discussed your concerns with your surgeon?  Best of luck.