How can I achieve a perfect nose? (Photo)

Would my nose need to have some serious corrections to help make it look neat

Perfect Nose

There is probably no such thing as a "perfect" nose, but a well-done cosmetic rhinoplasty should result in a nose that is overall more pleasing in shape, "fits" your face and looks natural while not "overdone".  My recommendation for the best first step for you as you begin on this journey?  A personal consultation/evaluation by an experienced board certified plastic surgeon

Cherry Hill Plastic Surgeon

How can I achieve a perfect nose?

Thank you for your question, you are a suitable candidate for Rhinoplasty all depends upon your expertations of what type of results you would what for your nose and changes.

Can I have a perfect nose?

A perfect nose is a nose that is in harmony with your face, but also a nose that you envision. You need to have a consultation with a plastic surgeon who can help you find out if the shape you are looking for is advisable for you and if it is achievable. 

Open rhinoplasty candidate, some advices:

Thank you very much for the questions.
The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, After having analyzed all the info. and photos provided to us, i recommend you perform an Open Full Rhinoplasty, includding narrowing of the nasal base and nostrils, with nasal bones treatment (controled fracture) and alar + triangular nasal cartilages re-shaping.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.
Kind regards,
DR. Emmanuel Mallol.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Perfect nose

There is no such thing as a perfect nose.  It is very important to be realistic with your expectations when proceeding with rhinoplasty.

Based on the photographs, the nasal tip needs to be narrowed along the wide nostrils using alar plasty and the nasal tip needs to be narrowed the cephalic trim and cartilaginous grafts.

Dr. J

Tanveer Janjua, MD
Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

Seeking a perfect nose

Questions like this are best discussed in person as we have no idea what your specific goals are or what you would call a "perfect nose".  

Your nose could most likely be improved with tip refinement and base reduction but surgery would depend on what you want done.  You also have very thick skin so cartilage grafts would likely be necessary to provide refinement.

Schedule an appointment with a board certified rhinoplasty surgeon to discuss. 

Good luck! 

Justin Cohen, MD
Washington DC Otolaryngologist

Dear Newark 19,

Thank you for your question and including pictures. Based on your photographs I would recommend a rhinoplasty to help refine your nasal tip while also preserving aesthetic qualities of your ethnicity. I would recommend consulting with a rhinoplasty surgeon who is experienced in ethnic rhinoplasty. I would also recommend doing in office computer imaging with your surgeon so you can best communicate your concerns, i.e. if you want to narrow your tip, build up your bridge. This will allow your rhinoplasty surgeon to know your expected outcomes and tell you realistically what is achievable. Best regards, Gina Chu, MD

Gina Chu, MD
Chevy Chase Facial Plastic Surgeon

Hello and thank you for your question.  I am unable to fully evaluate your nose based on these pictures, but  you may benefit from a tip refining rhinoplasty. Your surgeon can accomplish this by trimming, suturing, and reshaping the cartilage in your lower nose. Cartilage grafts may also be used to help improve tip refinement. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Without seeing the bridge of your nose it's tough to get a complete plan together but with regards to your nasal tip, it's possible to narrow and define it. A perfect nose is always tough no matter what you start with. So long as you expectations are realistic, I think you would be very happy with a surgical rhinoplasty to help define your nasal tip more  or a nonsurgical rhinoplasty to build a bridge which is often needed in African American rhinoplasty. Good luck!!!

Samir Undavia, MD
Princeton Facial Plastic Surgeon