Least invasive way for fat reduction (some type of lipo) and skin tightening (thermtight?) for inelastic skin? (Photos)
Doctor Answers 5
Liposuction fat reduction with loose skin
Thank you for asking about your liposuction.
- I totally understand your desire to look good, with minimal invasion -
- The problem is that to improve your situation, minimally invasive treatments will waste your money.
- Skin tightening machines can at best tighten skin 20% - and often not as much.
- They don't work well on stretched skin.
- So if you have anything done, this is what you would need -
- An arm lift (removal excess skin) with liposuction.
- A tummy tuck with release of the indented scars, liposuction of the sides and of the middle of the upper abdomen.
- For the thighs - liposuction and a thigh lift with a vertical incision (not hidden in the groin.)
- Of these 3 operations, the one you are least likely to want is the thigh lift -
- So consider if an arm lift or tummy tuck seems worthwhile
- You are a young woman, have had children and lost weight -
- And the only way to restore yourself is with surgery.
- You will do better to have a consultation and save for the surgery instead of spending money on things that cannot help you.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS
from the pics that you have posted its obvious that there is extensive skin laxity and what looks more like herniated fat. as you have stated in your inquiry that you do not have good skin elasticity, it will be almost impossible for any non-surgical device to provide any noticeable skin tightening. Im sorry but unfortunately thats the reality of the situation
Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your
photograph, you have a lot of skin laxity in these areas and therefore, liposuction alone will not have an optimal result. You are a much better candidate for a tummy tuck with liposuction.
This can be done through a low and short incision, all completely below the
bikini line. Your muscles can also be
plicated resulting in a flat abdomen. Thigh lift and arm lift can also help those areas. Make sure you
specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have
had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results. The
most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I
recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic
surgeon who can evaluate you in person.
Best wishes and good luck.
Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon
You might also like...
Skin Tightening Arms/Abdomen/Thighs
With your degree of skin laxity, there is no least invasive way to achieve fat reduction and skin tightening. Fat reduction alone will result in further laxity. Skin excision in the desired areas is necessary for skin tightening. Please consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes!
In my opinion the skin tightening devices do not provide a lot of improvement. For the amount of laxity you have, you would probably benefit most from some form of excision of the skin. Arm lift, tummy tuck, inner thigh lift, etc..