How many inches off the waist could I lose after a Tummy Tuck? I'm currently 31inches, I want my waist to be 25inch. (photo)

Is it possible to achieve a waist like my wish picture after a tummy tuck? How many inches will I lose?

Tummy tuck

A tummy tuck removes loose skin and tightens the underlying muscle.  However, the effect it has on the waist circumference is variable.  Getting your waist down to 25 inches sounds unrealistic, but from your photos, it looks like you should expect a very good result.

How many inches off the waist could I lose after a Tummy Tuck?

Thank you for the question. As you can imagine, there is no "standard" number of inches lost after surgery given that every patient who undergoes tummy tuck surgery is different. Factors that come into play when it comes to answering your question include: overall body type, degree of muscle separation and adequacy of repair (plication), type of tummy tuck surgery performed, amount of adipose tissue present, quantity/quality of life is such an surgery performed, post operative maintenance of diet/exercise program…

My best suggestion: select your plastic surgeon carefully. Ask to see lots of examples of similar patients and evaluate their outcomes. Doing so you may be able to achieve a level of expectation that is realistic.

Dramatic Contour

Hi, thanks for your pictures and for your inquiry. To tell you the truth, those pictures look like they might be altered with an editing aid program. A tummy tuck plus lipo on your waist will help you define your contour, in some cases I also add some fat from the liposuction areas to the buttock and hips to make a more dramatic outcome. of course you need to have an in person
consultation to discuss thoroughly all your expectations vs. possible outcome and the technique
that will suit your case the most. Good luck in your PS Journey!

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Tiny waist after tummy tuck?

Thank you so much for your question about your tummy tuck.

A tummy tuck and liposuction should give you a very nice result with dramatic improvement in your waist.
The exact amount is hard to predict.
The photos suggest some of the models are either photo shopped or else wearing very tight corsets to get those tiny waists but the Paris_Richards waists looks more natural.

Here’s hoping you find this helpful. Have a great day!

How many inches off the waist could I lose after a Tummy Tuck? I'm currently 31inches, I want my waist to be 25inch.

Tummy tuck with liposuction of the sides and back would produce a nice result. Find a tummy tuck expert who performs hundreds each year and has great reviews and great before and after pictures.

Inches off Tummy Tuck

You will definitely have a smaller waist line after Tummy Tuck but I would include flank Liposuction to give you more of the look you are trying to achieve . I do not know if it is possible to make you look like the 3 female shown as that is genetic most likely in terms of bone structure and they appear to have had breast implants to add to the curves.  Having children or not can dictate your outcome as well as the appearance of these other girls. I am trying to help you be more realistic in your expectations from your PS. Best of Luck.

David Liland, MD

Lost inches

It is always difficult to predict how many inches from the waistline will be lost with a tummy tuck. This will depend on how loose your muscle/fascia layer is, is flank liposuction going to be performed, how thick the fatty layers are, and how much loose skin there is. Based on your photos and that a full abdominoplasty is being performed I    believe a 4-5 inch reduction is possible. I hope this helps and good luck.