I have a Wide nose with large nostrils and I would like to reduce nostrils. Finding a doctor that can deliver? (photo)

I would love to have my nostrils reduced and that is really all I would like done. Never had a problem with the shape of my nose. I just don't like the flare of my nostrils.Just wanted to share my pics and get some feedback on what should/ would be done. I'm in the process of looking for a Doctor that can deliver what I'm looking for.

Here are some links to doctors in your area:

African American rhinoplasty

Rhinoplasty

Hopefully this helps!

Alar base reduction

Depending upon what you are looking for there are variations to the alar base reduction to remove flare, improve width, or both. Best to be seen in person.

Your nose, what can be done? Some advices:

Thank you very much for the questions.
The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, After having analyzed all the info. and photos provided to us, i recommend you perform an Open Full Rhinoplasty, includding narrowing of the nasal base and nostrils, with nasal bones treatment (controled fracture) and alar + triangular nasal cartilages re-shaping.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Alar Base Reduction for wide nose, African American Rhinoplasty

The best way to reduce the nostrils for the African American nose is alar base reduction.

Here is a link to before and after photos that show you the difference that can be achieved.

To be sure what is right for you, see two or more board certified plastic surgeons in your area for a complete evaluation and to make sure that it is safe for you to have surgery.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

I have a Wide nose with large nostrils and I would like to reduce nostrils. Finding a doctor that can deliver?

The alar base can be reduced. I did a revision on a patient with very similar concerns last week.

Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

African American Rhinoplasty

As a plastic surgeon who performs AA rhinoplasty in Atlanta, I think having your nasal flare reduced is very doable. I agree that the rest of your nose is well proportioned but I am concerned that once you reduce the flare of your nostrils, the nasal tip may need to be refined to fit the narrowing of the alar width. I hope that makes sense. I have done this several times and reducing the alar width can make the tip look too big so usually it's a good idea to reduce the nasal tip proportionately so it is well balanced.

You also have to be aware that brown skin is great skin but we have 2 problems: we like to pigment when we're injured, and we like to make thicker scars. It doesn't always happen but when reducing alar width there are incision on the outside of the ala that can become thick and are sometimes visible so finding a surgeon with signiciant experience in alar reduction surgery is important. I hope that helps. Good Luck.

Mike Majmundar, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon