I had a rhinoplasty and septoplasty 5 days ago. Since then I haven't been able to breathe. (photo)

I had a rhinoplasty and septoplasty 5 days ago. Since then I haven't been able to breathe. As you can see in the photo it appears to be very clogged up. I get my cast removed Monday do you think they will vacuum everything out so I can breathe? Please help thank you.

Post rhinoplasty nasal obstruction

Don't worry. We typically use AFRIN to decongest the nose and then suction all the crust /mucus out at your first post op visit. After that you'll breathe better but there will still be some  swelling. You'll need periodic suctioning for the next several weeks. After that the crusting stops and you're breathing better!

Princeton Facial Plastic Surgeon

1 week post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire. It's too early to make value judgments with only one week after a rhinoplasty. Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity. In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months. To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you. Kind regards,  Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Clogged up?

yes and yes.  This is normal for this stage in the game.  also..the surgeon will help clear the secretions and dried blood in the nostrils.  Hope this helps.  Good luck.Dr Vasisht

Bhupesh Vasisht, MD
Voorhees Plastic Surgeon

Stuffy nose

You are very early post-op and this is pretty normal. Once the splint is removed, the surgeon will give instructions on how to clean the nose and this should improve.