Very high sensations around areola and chest

I had my gynecomastia surgery three weeks ago . Tough but best decision of my life, happy with the results so far only problem is that i feel a very high sensation around the areola area spreading to other parts of the chest. Feel it more while walking and driving, even a small bump in the road cause too much sensations and i am finding it quite difficult. Any suggestion please. Thank you in advance for taking the time to read my question.

Pain and Recovery 3 Weeks After Gynecomastia Surgery

As your body heals, you may notice random bursts of pain in your chest. This is usually a sign that the numbness is subsiding. Your incisions will go through a maturation #process following #Gynecomastia #surgery. For the first few months they will be red and possibly raised and/or firm. As the scar matures, after 6-12 months, it becomes soft, pale, flat, and much less noticeable. You may experience numbness, tingling, burning, “crawling”, or other peculiar sensations around the surgical area. This is a result of the #healing of tiny fibers which are trapped in the incision site. These symptoms will disappear. Some people are prone to keloids, which is an abnormal scar that becomes prominent. If you or a blood relative has a tendency to keloid formation, please inform the doctor.

Bruising and #swelling are normal and usually increase slightly after the removal of any tape or foam. The bruising will decrease over 3-4 weeks, but may last as long as 6 weeks. The majority of the swelling will be gone within the first 3-4 weeks. However, it may take 6-9 weeks to disappear completely. 
Also, as you heal, the area may feel “lumpy” and irregular. This, too, decreases with time, and massaging these areas will help soften the scar tissue. The #compression garment helps reduce the swelling, and the longer it is worn, the more quickly you will #heal. It can also assist in the retraction of the skin. If you have any concerns about #healing, its best to ask questions of your surgeon or their nursing staff.

I am glad you are happy with the result! 3 weeks is very early post op and your chest will undergo many changes. so sit tight! your more likely to have reduced sensation in the end, but early period can be super sensitive. wear protective clothing and your pressure garment for 6-8 weeks post surgery. that should help!

You are still in early stages of the healing process.  It might take months for the area to completely heal. Continue wearing your compression garment and follow up with your surgeon.

Ron Hazani, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills General Surgeon