I'm now 4 weeks post-op and I'm having pain and a heavy feeling in my lower abdomen. Hematoma?

I had a hemontna about 2 weeks post op that was drained with a syringe I'm now 4 weeks post op and I'm having pain and a heavy feeling in my lower abdomen. Is it possible to be having another hemontna or seroma ?

Pain should be getting better not worse

So many things could be going on and you really need to see your surgeon ASAP to find out what is going on.  Good luck!

Heaviness/pain could be another hematoma

Given the fact that you've already experienced one hematoma and your pain/discomfort level seems to be getting worse, not better then yes, you could be experiencing another hematoma. I would definitely suggest you schedule an appointment with your surgeon to be assessed in person ASAP.

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Kouros Azar, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Pain and a heavy sensation in the lower abdoment 1 month post-op after tummy tuck is suggestive of fluid collection

I would say that "where there's smoke there's fire," and the fact that you have had a hematoma once after surgery makes it possible that the same, or a similar thing, can happen again.  It is not as likely that you have had another bleeding episode to cause an actual hematoma, but if you still have a space beneath the skin of your abdomen you can certainly develop a collection of fluid in that space called a seroma.  When this happens people often describe a fullness and heavy sensation of the lower abdomen, as well as discomfort.  While in and of themselves these things aren't dangerous or an emergency per se, the faster and more aggressively we address them, the faster they'll resolve and the less likely that we will be to see additional complications, like infections or draining sinuses, or spontaneous openings in the skin.  Thus, while it may be possible that you don't have anything like this, you won't know that unless you are evaluated.  So, the wise thing to do is to get in to see your surgeon as soon as possible so that they can evaluate your tummy to see if there might be a fluid collection.  In that case, it should be a simple matter to drain the fluid in the office, and as long as it is caught soon enough and managed aggressively, it should go on to heal eventually without further surgery.  If there is no fluid present, then they can determine what other things might be causing your symptoms and treat those accordingly too.  Best of luck.