Is it dangerous to have TT/BBL/BL procedures performed all together? How would the recovery be?

Multiple Procedures at the Same Time

It is possible to do multiple procedures at the same time, but each patient has to be evaluated separately.  The determination has to do with the health of the patient, the anatomy of the patient, the extent of the procedures being done and the length of the procedures.  My top priority of the safely of my patients and in many cases I will recommend that we separate procedures into two sessions.  However, in many patients it is possible to combine procedures if the procedures can be completed in a reasonable amount of time, the procedure recovery complement each other and will not affect the recovery of one or the other procedure and if the patient understands that more recovery will be involved with more extensive surgery.  All of this is discussed during the patient's consultation so that they can make an informed decision when planning their surgery.

Good Luck.  

TT/BL/BBL

The total time for these surgeries vary significantly, depending on the patient and the magnitude of the problems.
Some patients may be able to safely have all of these procedures performed in a 5 hour procedure. If so, the cost would be ~$11,400, which would include the Board Certified Professional fee, Board Certified Anesthesia fee, and a Medicare Approved Surgicenter. Hope this helps.

George C. Peck, Jr, MD
West Orange Plastic Surgeon

Performing multiple procedures at one time is quite common. I would recommend doing 2 of the requested procedures and staging the third. But if you are young and in good health and if either the TT or the breast lift is not extensive, it may be possible to perform both along with the BBL. You need to be examined by a Board Certified PS with extensive experience performing the BBL. Good luck!

George Lefkovits, MD

Multiple Procedures and the Recovery

The Mommy Makeover is a combination of procedures to bring a woman’s body back to the way she looked prior to pregnancy. Most commonly some variation of a #TummyTuck and #BreastSurgery are performed. Additional procedures can include liposuction, umbilical hernia repair.  The most common #breastprocedures include #mastopexy or #breastlift, #breastaugmentation, or #breastreduction.  

Healing after a  #tummytuck will require time. Some patients are out of bed and walking the night of surgery and every hour while awake. I allow my patients to return to work at one to two weeks with 14 days preferred. 

Also, the two breasts commonly heal quite differently so #assymetry is not unusual. One breast may swell more, feel more uncomfortable, or have a different initial shape. After complete #healing, they will be more similar and natural. You must have patience, but if this causes concern, ask questions of the doctor or the nursing staff. However, no lifting or straining.  At three weeks, increased level of activity and full with no restrictions, at 6 weeks. As I advise my patients, if your work keeps you sedentary, you may return whenever you feel up to it. If your work is strenuous, wait until your work activity does not cause any superficial pain. 
Some employers will modify a person’s job duties so they can back sooner, but without physical activity. Our office can provide our patients with a note stating they are not to engage in strenuous activity for a specified period of time. The note will not disclose what procedure they have underwent. Therefore, you may have to request a similar note from your surgeon if you are not independently employed. I recommend avoiding heavy lifting and strenuous #activity for six weeks following your surgery. With that said, it may help you plan your return to work accordingly.

As for heavy lifting and other #strenuous #activities, it should be avoided for until you have clearance from your surgeon. You may, however, do normal activities at any time if they cause no pain or #discomfort. Let your body tell you what you can or cannot do. Aerobic exercise will raise your blood pressure, which could cause late bleeding and harm your result. Once you begin exercising again, start gently and let your body tell you what it can tolerate. Don’t rush!!  If you have concerns about your healing, or pain that you question to be unusual, it is important to call your plastic surgeon to discuss these further asked to be examined.

Multiple procedures

I would suggest for the tummy tuck and BBL together and the breast lift on a separate occasion, although it can be done when the patient is a healthy individual and has been checked for any abnormalities in blood test results.

Dr. Campos

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Combination surgery

There are multiple issues raised by the combination of tummy tuck, butt lift and breast lift.  It is well documented that surgeries of over 5.5 hours duration have geometrically increased complications.  Unless your surgeon is Speedy Gonzalez and doesn't worry about achieving an excellent result, rushing through, these three procedures will take 7-8 hours.  Additionally, you have to be turned on the OR table which has its own complications.  You risk blood clots, poor healing and much higher odds of revisional surgery so don't think that by combining the operations, you are saving yourself the need for a second operation. Unfortunately, the extreme makeover television shows have fed the public's erroneous belief that these combination procedures are safe.  What you don't get to see is the return to the OR.

This will be dependent upon your overall health and the ability of your surgeon to perform these procedures effectively and efficiently.  I perform this combination frequently in well under 6 hours.

Find a plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of Brazilian buttlifts, breast lifts, and tummy tucks each year, has great reviews, and has great before and after pictures.

Multiple procedures with tummy tuck

• This is a lot of surgery.
  • With tummy tuck and breast augmentation on the front of your body, fat transplants on the back, you will have no comfortable position to lie in,
  • Pressure may affect healing of the fat transplants or the breast and tummy surgery.
  • Length of surgery increases risks of blood clots as well.
  • I recommend separating these procedures and definitely doing so if you have any blood clot risk factors. Best wishes.