Is a bmi of 35 too high for a bbl? Safety over everything.

BMI and Surgery

Higher BMI individuals are at a higher risk for complications. Further, the closer you are to your goal weight the better the outcome is for surgery. I always recommend further weight loss for patients with high BMI's in order to minimize these complications.

Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

High BMI, safety over everything.

Thank you for your question. Many patients struggle to achieve their optimal weight despite diet and exercise. However, to reduce your risks during surgery and ensure optimal results it's important to maintain a healthy, well-balanced diet to prepare for surgery. The closer you are to your ideal weight before surgery the better your result will be. Your ideal weight should be with a BMI below 30 and stable for about 5 months before surgery. A regular exercise routine is also helpful preparation. By building muscle, you increase your basal metabolic rate. This makes it easier to avoid weight gain, especially in the postoperative period when physical activity is minimal. Cardiovascular exercise strengthens the heart and promotes a faster recovery from surgery. If you have a regular exercise routine, it is much easier to resume these activities after recovering from surgery.  You definitely have to choose your surgeon correctly and make sure that he/she has the training and experience to meet your goals with absolute safety. Don’t settle for less than a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with specialized expertise in this procedure.

Thank you for your question.Your bmi is at 35 and you should be at 32 . You need to loose a little bit of weight and you should be fine.

Many surgeons, including myself, offer online virtual consultations where you send us your photos and we can estimate the cost. and free Face to face consultation.

Choose a board certified plastic surgeon who is highly experience in Brazilian Butt Lifts. choose one wisely.

Rami Ghurani, MD

BMI

I would encourage you to have a discussion with your board certified plastic surgeon on what the ideal weight would be for a safe procedure. I prefer to do surgery on patients with a BMI of 30 or below to avoid the increased risk of complications during and after surgery. I advise my patients being at your ideal weight will give the best outcome.

Alfred Sofer, MD, FACS
Fairfield Plastic Surgeon

BMI 35

A BMI of 35 is not necessarily too high.  It really depends upon where your fat is distributed.  Best to be seen in person.