Belly button infected? 3 weeks post op tummy tuck (Photo)

I went to my doctor and gave me a different ointment because he said the one I was using was irritating the belly button however I've using the new cream and it still looks pretty gross. Is it infected ?

Umbilicus issues

It is very difficult to tell from the photos what is going on with your umbilicus. If the incision has not completely healed, then perhaps local wound care is all that is necessary. You would have to be seen in person to be properly evaluated.

Belly button healing

It isn't uncommon for the belly button to heal at a slower rate than your other incisions.  Continue to follow your surgeon's wound care advise to the T, but if things don't improve and/or get worse, have it assessed in person by your surgeon. 

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Kouros Azar, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Belly button infected?

At only three weeks since your surgery, you are very early in the healing process.  The belly button can often have an unsatisfactory appearance at this stage of healing.   Sometimes the blood flow to the belly button is not very good after surgery, which can cause some healing delays.  It typically does very well in the long run. Continue to care for the area according to your surgeon's instructions. Give it some time to heal. Best wishes to you! 

Erik Miles, MD, FACS
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon