Asymmetric nostrils correction. Any suggestions? (photos)

Hello, This is my 2nd post. I've added more photos. I'm 2 months post-op (Closed rhinoplasty with bridge implant and nostril reduction) My nostrils are clearly asymmetric and that's been bothering me a lot. I don't believe it's due to swelling. I definitely want to get the right side corrected but I'm not sure if it would make matters worse since the left side is ok and I don't want to make it any smaller. Is it possible to just fix the right side without creating anymore asymmetry? Thanks

Asymmetric nostrils correction. Any suggestions?

I see the area of your concern. It's unfortunate this was not addressed at the time of your previous surgery. It would be helpful to see your pre-op photos, including your profile. But, yes if you are pleased with the remainder of your result, the nostrils can be addressed and hopefully improved to your satisfaction.

Asymmetric nostrils

Swelling can last up to a year even after a closed rhinoplasty. Asymmetry of the nostrils may have been there before and may be more noticeable after surgery. Sometimes under local asymmetry of the nostrils can be done in the office by a qualified board certified plastic surgeon. Best of luck, MMT

Nostril asymmetry following rhinoplasty with alar reduction.

It would appear that the right nostril has a slight amount of increased flare than the left and that the width of the right sill is greater than the left.  I would recommend a conservative excision of the nasal sill extending out into the alar attachment to pull the right nostril towards the midline and decrease the flare.

Mario J. Imola, MD, DDS, FRCSC, FACS.

Mario J. Imola, MD, DDS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nostril Asymmetry

Hi,

Nostril asymmetries are very difficult to correct. I think the best way to fix this would be to use an alar rim cartilage graft to prop up the right side.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS

2 months post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.
It's too early to make value judgments with only 2 months after a rhinoplasty.
Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity.
In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months.
To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you.
Kind regards,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Nostril asymmetry

It would be nice to see preop photos.  Most people have some nostril asymmetry preop. They often do not notice it until after surgery. Sometimes this can be corrected.