12 day post op starting to notice more bruising is this normal? (Photo)

Bruising after surgery

Bruising is normal after surgery, but if you’ve noticed it’s getting worse then you should see your surgeon. Any unusual changes in your recovery should always be reported to your surgeon.

2 weeks post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.
At this point (12 days post-po) the swelling have to be minimal.
To reduce it, I recommend you perform daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the abdomen and wear a postoperative girdle from thigh to the breasts.
I recommend you to talk with your plastic surgeon as soon as possible.
Kind regards,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Tummy Tuck/Abdominoplasty/Liposuction/Vaser High Definition Procedures/Tummy Tuck Revision

Since there has been a change in your post op course, please contact your surgeon so he/she can examine you and recommend the most appropriate treatment plan at this time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Bruising 12 days out

This looks a little more bruising than I would expect. From you r pictures it looks like you may have a resolving hematoma. To be sure an examination is required. Go back and ask your surgeon.

Eric Weiss MD

Eric Weiss, MD, FACS
Orange Park Plastic Surgeon

Bruising issue

You have a lot of bruising, and if I remember a previous post which I think was from you, you stated that you were in the hospuital for a week or so.  Did you have a hematoma?  You should speak with your surgeon.

12 day post op starting to notice more bruising is this normal?

Thank you for sharing your question and photograph.  Though delayed bruising is common in the first few days after a procedure, the timing and extent of your bruising is concerning enough that I would see your surgeon for an in-person evaluation, if only for reassurance.  Best wishes.

12 day post op

Hi,

Thank you for your post. I would follow up with your plastic surgeon. Without examining you in person it is hard to tell what is going on. Looks like you may have a hematoma.

N. Bill Aydin, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

See your surgeon today

While the photo is limited and there is no way to examine you this does not look normal call your surgeon and get seen soon.    Done bruising is inevitable but this looks to be a large amount.    Good luck!

Without examining you it is difficult to be certain but that does not appear to be normal bruising.  It looks like you're developing a hematoma. You should be examined by your surgeon ASAP. Best of luck! 

Mathew A. Plant, MD, FRCSC

Is more bruising normal?

While it is normal to have bruising after surgery, if you are also experiencing more swelling, it would be a good idea to see your plastic surgeon.  It is possible that you could have had some bleeding after the surgery that may require drainage, especially if you did not have a drain placed.  You should definitely check in with your plastic surgeon tomorrow.  Best of luck with your continued recovery!

Jeffrey A. Sweat, MD
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon