One month away from my tummy tuck. I'm nervous and have mixed emotions. How do I prepare myself ?

I'm nervous and have mixed emotions. How do I prepare myself ?

one month is a very good time,if you are nervous and have mixed emotions, that means only one thing,that you are not sure about undergoing the surgery or you are worried about bad results.There are two factors one the doctor you choose,did not adress all your worries from an emotional point of view,it may have been factual but has not raised sufficient confidence in you,the other is yourself,you are by nature anxious or worry too much .if the answer is first,then take a second opinion,if the answer is second you can deal it in many ways ,talk to your family,sound your friends,get an opinion from a clinical psychologist.Hope this helps

India Plastic Surgeon

Nervous before tummy tuck

It is normal to feel nervous or anxious before a procedure. You may want to consider making another appointment with your plastic surgeon before your procedure to review the surgery again and to ask any unanswered questions you may have. If you still are unsure, perhaps you should postpone the procedure until you feel more comfortable.
Good luck!

Brian Widenhouse, MD
Charleston Plastic Surgeon

If you are nervous because you still have unanswered questions about the procedure, best to schedule another preop visit with your operating surgeon. If you are nervous because you are unsure of what to expect, best to speak to other patients who have gone through this procedure so you can feel more comfortable. Good luck!!!

Preparing for a tummy tuck

I would encourage you to visit your surgeon's website and read up on the procedure. Make sure that you have and understand all of your pre-op instructions. Eat well. Drink lots of water. Avoid over consumption of alcohol and get enough sleep. That should do it. 
My best,
Dr. Sheila Nazarian
@drsheilanazarian on Instagram

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

You can prepare yourself by researching the procedure. Most Plastic Surgeons have a section on their website, and videos describing the procedure along with photos.