Recovery time for rhinoplasty and breast augmentation on a patrol Police Officer?

Hello, I am looking into getting rhinoplasty and possibly a breast augmentation. Since it would make sense for me to get them done simultaneously, how long until I can return to a (sometimes) physically demanding job? I want to have above the muscle for the breast augmentation if that makes a difference. So far I have 18 days to take off, will I need more? Thank you in advance.

Combining procedures is safe.

Rhinoplasty and breast augmentation can safely be combined.  If you have set aside 18 days to recover, you should be OK for all except the most strenuous activities.  Light duty for 1 or 2 weeks after should have you back to doing everything.  Your surgeon likely has a protocol they like to follow, so be sure they know of your plans.

Rhinoplasty and breast augmentation

2.5 weeks recovery sounds like enough time to heal and go back to light duty as an officer.  Heavy exertion, etc.. may have to wait at least 4-6 weeks.  Best of luck.

Rhinoplasty and breast augmentation

Hello and thank you for your question.  It is common in my practice to combine rhinoplasty and breast augmentation into the same surgery.  You will be able to return to light duty work in one week after surgery.  In 18 days, you should be fine to work as a patrol officer.   Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.   The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Rhinoplasty and breast augmentation time off needed

Thank you for your question. I would recommend 2 weeks off as the implant is not being placed under the muscle. If you could get on light duty for one additional week, that would be ideal. Good luck.

Rick Rosen, MD
Norwalk Plastic Surgeon

Combination breast augmentation and rhinoplasty

The recovery time usually depends on the amount of work done, the technique used, and the protocols of each surgeon.  For someone in the law enforcement field with a physically demanding schedule, I would recommend having a subfascial breast augmentation with the rhinoplasty.  Most of our patients are back to work in 1 week and are allowed to work out after 2 weeks.

We often combine rhinoplasty with breast surgery, and use experts for both

I am associated with a few breast specialists who I feel do spectacular breast surgery. As a specialist in rhinoplasty and facial plastic surgery, we often combine the surgery into one surgical session to minimize the time off. Each requires around two weeks of recovery. When done together, the time is not additive but simultaneous plus you get the best of both worlds.

Steven J. Pearlman, MD