I did on myself for about a few months a year ago; should I keep doing it? (Photos)

I did microneedling on myself and over a year later my stretch marks seem different. There seems to be skin (normal skin) that has grown in certain spots while a majority is still old stretch marks so now there's like indentations between new skin and stretch mark. These new areas also seem pigmented like like the rest of my skin. I was wondering if it's possible that I need to keep doing it and will have success or what treatment I can try that's now out there? I'm a 28 year old male.

Microneedling

It is really hard to say with your pictures. I am just not seeing what you are describing, but I think its a resolution issue with the picture when I try to magnify. Nevertheless, I would never expect microneedling to do enough in 1 session for any scarring process including stretch marks. So, I would encourage you to give it more sessions to see the effect you are looking for particularly if you did see some positive results with just 1 time treatment. Unless there was a side effect that was unwanted, I would say doing it for 4-6 sessions about 6 weeks apart would be a better approach to maximize the effect. Some are combining PRP with microneedling as well with positive effects. But it may be time to seek the help of expert provider. Best! 

Torrance Dermatologist