Is this a normal side effect / reaction to IPL treatment? It looks like I've been burned. Please help!!!! (photos)

Is This Normal? HELP! They appear lesion like. I was told to expect a 48 hour recovery time -There is NO WAY these are going to heaiplel up in 48 hours. Does it look as if these could be burns? If so, will they leave scars? Any tips or suggestions. I took Advil for the swelling and am applying cold compresses.

Bromelain manuka honey

For faster helaing Bromelain tow three times a day will take away swelling and manuka honey topically will speed up helaing .There Amy be discoloration which may require weeks to resolve. If there is color change see dermatolgsit for prescription bleaching cream. 

Long Island Dermatologic Surgeon

IPL Burn

You have been burned and need appropriate skin care.  Please see your cosmetic dermatologist for appropriate wound care at this time.  Best, Dr. Emer.

IPL snd Reaction

I would definitely consult your dermatologist since this is not a normal event.  You may need a prescription cream such as Silvadene cream for this reaction.  In the future please consult a board certified dermatologist for the best cosmetic results.  Perhaps in the future you should consider chemical peels. Best, Dr. Green