Botox for Asymmetry/Brow Lift? (photos)

I've been plucking the top of one brow and the bottom of the other since I was about 14 in an effort to make my asymmetry less obvious, but the droopy one is just getting droopier. Contacted a cosmetic surgery office and sent pictures, discussing the issue at length. They said Botox may potentially be an answer. Made an appointment for next week for a consultation and potentially injections. Just nervous and wondering what other experts think before I go and commit to anything. Thanks!

BOTOX® can offer a temporary solution for your brow asymmetry.

BOTOX® works to temporarily paralyze specific muscles. An experienced injector with a detailed understanding of facial anatomy should be able to direct the BOTOX® injection to the site of your depressor muscle. Currently, your depressor muscle is pulling down on your brow and creating this asymmetry, and BOTOX® can help to relax that effect for a more balanced appearance. BOTOX® results last between 3 to 4 months, at which time you can evaluate if you’d like to follow up with another injection. Best of luck to you.   

Botox for uneven eyebrows

Botox could improve the asymmetry of your brows in one of 2 ways:  slightly lowering the right brow, or slightly raising the left brow.  Treating the orbicularis muscle on the left will have the added effect of making your left eye appear slightly larger while raising your left brow. Consultation with an experienced injector would be best to determine the potential satisfaction from the treatment.

Donald B. Yoo, MD

Using Botox for asymmetry

Botox can be used to correct brow asymmetry by trying to raise a droopy brow, or lowering the "good" brow a little to match the other lower brow. An expert injector such as a dermatologist can help you with this safe treatment.

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox for Brow Asymmetry

The answer is yes! Botox, if placed correctly, can either lift or lower a brow to match the other. Although Botox can be used to correct brow asymmetry, this is a temporary solution.

Botox for Symmetry

Botox can often help adjust the asymmetry in the forehead.  This is an advanced injector technique so it is important to consult an expert.  Best, Dr. Green

Botox for Asymmetry.

Botox can be used sometimes to correct asymmetry.  In your case the brow could potentially be lifted or you can treat about the elevated brow to bring it down to match the other one.  It would all depend on what muscles are causing the asymmetry.  Please see a board certified plastic surgeon for best results.

Martin Jugenburg, MD

​Botox for Asymmetric Eyebrows

Botox can elevate some brows if you remove the depressors and allow the frontalis muscle to elevate it. However, in your case, if it is the frontalis muscle that is at fault, you may need to treat the frontalis over the high eyebrow and allow that one to come to the level of the other side. Both take significant finesse with use of Botox, so make sure that whoever you see has significant experience and is an expert injector. You may need a touch-up to to get the best symmetry. (See ExpertInjector.org)

Robert T. Buchanan, MD
Highlands Plastic Surgeon

Correction of brow asymmetry with Botox

Thank you for sharing your question. Botox can work well at elevating the eyebrows. It usually lasts 4 months. If the Botox is placed incorrectly, the opposite results can occur. Make sure you have an experienced doctor perform the treatment. Good luck,

Botox injection for brow lift and aymmetry

Yes, Botox is a great tool for raising the eyes brows and helping reduce brow asymmetry. However, I do believe you need an in-person consultation with an experienced injector for the following reasons.
1. You have an eyelid issue on the left, not really an eyebrow issue. There is excessive eyelid skin/laxity on the left. This is usually best addressed with a surgical procedure (blepharoplasty). 
2. You have several additional changes on the left side of the face. For example, your left tear trough, left nasolabial fold, and left marionette line are more prominent then on the right. I can't be sure why this is without seeing a photo of your face in animation. It maybe due to lighting and the photography but I would discuss during your consultation. 

Botox For Chemical Brow Lift

Thank you for your excellent question.  In general, we think of Botox as relaxing or softening the activity of the injected muscle by binding to the acetylcholine receptor and blocking the ability of that muscle to contract.  This is how Botox creates an aesthetically pleasing softening of the facial lines and creases on the overlying skin.  So, how then can Botox create a lift?  Some facial muscles are considered "elevators" and others "depressors."  By injecting Botox into a depressor muscle at the lateral brow, it can soften the tendency of that muscle to pull the brow down, causing a several millimeter elevation or lift of the lateral brow.  In my opinion, achieving a pleasing look with Botox depends on an expert evaluation of the activity of the facial muscles (elevators and depressors), presence or absence of baseline brow asymmetries, and degree of upper eyelid skin redundancy.  You can definitely achieve a pleasing aesthetic result with a chemical brow lift for symmetry.  Please be sure to see an expert injector for an in-person consultation to fully address your concerns and to discuss your goals and expectations in order to determine the best treatment plan.  Hope this helps and best wishes!