Is this polly beak? (Photo)

Hello Doctors. I had rhinoplasty 5 days ago and I had quite extensive swelling on my face, but its starting to fade. However, I noticed that my tip droops slightly now (similar to when I had a hook nose prior to surgery), although I wanted a straight nose. Is this due to the packing, swelling, or is it the developing of polybeak? Thank you.

Pollybeak deformity after rhinoplasty

Due to swelling it is very hard to assess if you will develop a pollybeak. Once the cast is removed and the swelling has subsided (usually over months) then a better assessment can be made. 

Is this polly beak?

With splint and tape on, and facial swelling barely past its peak, it truly is too early to make any sort of assessment, much less describe a certain type of nose configuration. 

Do not remove your tape or splint in a misguided effort to "see how it looks," or you may in fact CAUSE problems you don't want. See your surgeon as directed, sleep with your head elevated above heart level, and relax--now is not the time to have second thoughts or question your surgeon's work. Too early , , , WAY too early. Best wishes! Dr. Tholen

Richard H. Tholen, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

1 week post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.

It's too early to make value judgments. Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity. In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months. To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you. Kind regards,  Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-  

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Polly beak?

It is way too early to tell. The splint is masking the ability to tell and then you will have swelling to deal with.

Too early to talk about poly beak

Relax.  You will be swollen for sometime. It is normal after rhinoplasty.  Wait at least 18 months before making any judgement.    

Vasdev Rai, MD

Is this polly beak?

Judging the results of a rhinoplasty in the first few weeks to months is not possible, especially when the splint it still on. Wait until you see your surgeon. 

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS