Do I need a chin implant? What kind of surgery could be helpful to get an angular face? (photos)

I have problem with my face and specially jaw line I'd like to know if I should get a chin implant or jawline movement or sth else to get more angular face

Candidate for chin implant

Without an exam your question cannot be answered. However, your photos are helpful and you are probably a good candidate for a Chin Augmentation. You will need to see an Oral/Maxillofacial surgeon to see if othognathic surgery, genioplasty or using an implant is best for your specific case. It should be noted that patients with severely weak jaws or abnormally functioning jaws may be better treated with other facial surgery (orthognathic surgery), although a chin augmentation may be an option at a later time. These patients should seek the advice of a plastic surgeon to determine which course is right for them. Here is some information to help you make this decision:
Candidates for Chin Augmentation -
Patients whose chin profiles are weak but have normally functioning jaws are candidates for Chin Augmentation. Many of these candidates have used injectable fillers in the past to strengthen the protrusion of their chins, but are looking for a permanent solution. If you are one of these patients, then you are a likely candidate for chin augmentation.

Angular Face

The most angular looking face is going to come from a sliding genioplasty with vertical lengthening jaw angle implants.

Do I need a chin implant? What kind of surgery could be helpful to get an angular face?

Hi, I have performed many facial shaping procedures, using dermal fillers or facial implants (cheek, chin) over the past 30 years.  From the photos your cheeks are very flat (concave) anteriorly (in the front) and the chin is very weak which combine to create an oval shaped face.  Following the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, women look the most feminine, youthful and attractive with heart shaped faces.  Heart shaped faces have cheeks that are full and round in the front.  Cheek augmentation with a dermal filler or using cheek implants for a permanent enhancement will create full, round cheeks that will feminize the entire face.
 A weak chin creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face look short that de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a double chin.  Chin augmentation using a chin implant will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face. 

I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick, highly effective and far less invasive than a sliding genioplasty.  I perform chin implant surgery in 30 minutes or less, often using a local anesthetic alone.  

Hope this helps.

Chin implant candidate

Placement of a chin implant is not done to give an angular face, it is performed to advance the naturally round jaw line further forward to help with facial balance and proportions, especially with respect to the nose. For many examples of chin implants, please see the link and the video below

Chin implant consideration

Hello! If you are looking to increase your projection from the profile view I would recommend considering a chin implant. This does not change much from your frontal view. If you are looking to create more angulation from the frontal view, I recommend considering fillers to the outer portion of your jawline (angle of the jawbone/mandible region). Find an experienced facial plastic surgeon who can explain the difference in appearance and morph photos for you. Good luck!

Catherine Winslow, MD
Indianapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Jawline and chin

You can achieve your angularity with both a genioplasty/chin surgery to define the front of the lower jaw; and jawline augmentation to define the entire jawline. The look changes when viewed in the mirror as well as profile. The choice is whether the more 'angular' look is what you prefer or maintaining a softer oval appearance

Gerald Wittenberg, MSc, DMD
Vancouver Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon