About Chin implant. Any suggestions? (photos)

I want to have more angular face with defined bone structure, does a chin implant help to get it? Or I need to have other cosmetic surgeries? Which size of implant should it be? I want to know wich type of shape face do I have?

Candidate for a Chin Augmenatation

Without an exam your question cannot be answered. However, your photos are helpful and you are probably a good candidate for a Chin Augmentation. You will need to see an Oral/Maxillofacial surgeon to see if othognathic surgery, genioplasty or using an implant is best for your specific case. It should be noted that patients with severely weak jaws or abnormally functioning jaws may be better treated with other facial surgery (orthognathic surgery), although a chin augmentation may be an option at a later time. These patients should seek the advice of a plastic surgeon to determine which course is right for them. Here is some information to help you make this decision:
Candidates for Chin Augmentation -
Patients whose chin profiles are weak but have normally functioning jaws are candidates for Chin Augmentation. Many of these candidates have used injectable fillers in the past to strengthen the protrusion of their chins, but are looking for a permanent solution. If you are one of these patients, then you are a likely candidate for chin augmentation.

Chin Augmentation

To create a stronger and angular chin augmentation result you would need a sliding genioplasty not a chin implant.

Chin implant helps with profile balance of face

Chin implant does help with profile balance. However you do not need it.  I advice you  against it for your face. 

Vasdev Rai, MD

Chin implant candidate

Chin implants are placed for patients who have a weak and recessive chin profile to  improve facial balance and proportions. Chin implants are manufactured in a variety of sizes and shapes, are composed of Silastic, and are usually placed through a small incision underneath the chin as an outpatient surgical procedure. For more information many examples, please see  the link and the video below

Chin implant

thank you for your pictures.  Nothing can replace an in-person examination, specially in this case when what works best is not just to focus on the chin and lower half of your face, but examine the entire face and its proportions.  that being said, you certainly can benefit from a chin implant.  I like the extended anatomical silicone implants - they are very natural, have a great track record of safety, and can be molded intraop to give the fit you like.  that being said, to help define your bone structure and cheeks, have you thought about buccal fat pad excisions? you could do a conservative excision and get a great result.  that will help take the face from an oval shape to a more youthful, heart shape.  this helps define the jawline and cheeks.  Like I said though, all this would best be discussed after being able to see and examine the whole face both at rest and in motion.  Anyways, i hope some of this information helps you during your consultations.  Best of luck!

Miguel Mascaro, MD
Delray Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

About Chin implant. Any suggestions?

Hi, I have performed many facial shaping procedures using dermal fillers, facial implants, liposuction and/or facelifts for over 30 years. From the photos, your cheeks are flat anteriorly (in the front), there is some excess fat below the cheeks (more prominent on one side) and the chin is weak.  These factors combine to create a rectangular shaped face.  Following the beauty principles outlined in my book on face and body beauty, women look the most feminine, youthful and attractive with heart shaped faces.  Heart shaped faces have cheeks that are full and round in the front.  Cheek augmentation with a dermal filler or using cheek implants for a permanent enhancement will create full, round cheeks that will feminize the entire face. A weak chin creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face look short that de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a double chin.  Chin augmentation using a chin implant will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face.  I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick, highly effective and far less invasive than a sliding genioplasty.  I perform chin implant surgery in 30 minutes or less, often using a local anesthetic alone.  In my opinion, you are a good candidate for chin implant surgery.

Hope this helps.