Hair loss after accident. Any suggestions?

Hi when I got the stitches done on my head the hair around the scar has grown but near it there is a bald patch I know it may take 6months to grow back but when it happened I didn't clean area around it very well as I was paranoid about people looking at it it scabbed and hair hasn't grown back ...would the fact I didn't clean near the affected area be a reason why it's not growing Back or is this normal

Hair loss after a laceration or a cut on your scalp may be permanent. If it has not grown back in 6 to 12 months it probably

Hair loss after a laceration or a cut on your scalp may be permanent.  If it has not grown back in 6 to 12 months it probably  will not grow back.

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Wounds anywhere on the body

Requires cleaning when it happens. Cleaning will allow the best your body can do to heal it. If there was a gap in the skin and it was not sutured closed, hair loss will almost certainly happen. Wait a full 8 months and there is still a scar present, see a hair restoration surgeon

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Hair loss -- PRP, Progesterone, Viviscal, Rogaine, Finesteride, Spironolactone

The majority of the hair loss is likely due to your accident, and not the lack of cleaning. Non invasive options include PRP/progesterone or transplantation for improvement. Best, Dr. Emer

Hair loss after injury

Hair loss after injury is common. Your cleaning routine could have had some impact, yes, but probably not a whole lot in the grand scheme of things. The magnitude of injury had the biggest impact.