2 week post op, and it's really hard under my armpits. Is this normal?

I am 2 weeks post op, it is really hard under my arm pit and I'm unable to lift my arm fully in the air, it feels like my implant is too close to the armpit on the left side only is this normal

I am assuming that your implants were placed through the arm pit incision. If so your symptoms cam be normal this early after surgery. Please see your surgeon for an exam and ask if you can:

Start arm lifts or raises
Start implant massages
Wear a bando to push implant down.

Firm areas laterally after breast implant surgery

Assuming what you're noticing is on both sides, it's probably where the pectoralis muscle kind of bunches up after it's mobilized to make a pocket behind it. There is some degree of atrophy and softening after a few months which will resolve it if that's the problem.

Malik Kutty, MD
Sugar Land Plastic Surgeon

To close to armpit

Upward and outward migration of sub muscular breast implants especially in the first few weeks is quite common. Usually it is very asymmetric in that one side stays higher longer. After a month or so, this will usually even out. If you're concerned, I would recommend you be seen by your chosen plastic surgeon for an evaluation. Congratulations on your surgery and I'm hopeful for uneventful recovery.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS