I'm six weeks post op and I have a mild swelling from lipo. I want to return to stationary bike and soccer - is that okay?

In my practice patients resume exercise gradually after 2-3 weeks following liposuction.  I usually advise a small first step followed by progressive increase in exercise if you don't suffer from swelling or numbness.  At six weeks this is unlikely to occur or be a problem IMO.  Best wishes,

Jon A. Perlman, M.D. FACS

Beverly Hills, CA

Post-liposuction exercise

Thank you for your questions.  Typically 6 weeks is plenty of time to recover from liposuction and return to physical activities. However, it is always advisable to speak directly with your surgeon to get clearance. 

Regards,

Ariel Ostad MD PC

Ariel Ostad, MD

At six weeks you should be able to participate fully in sports. Always obtain the all-clear from your provider however, as he/she understands your specific case intimately. Go for the hat trick!

Richard Zienowicz, MD
Providence Plastic Surgeon

Swelling after liposuction

Mild swelling is normal at the 6 week mark.  Your body is still healing and it takes time to recover.  You may notice up to 6 months that certain days, especially after you exercise that you will have some "flash" swelling as we call it.  Your body is readjusting.  It will eventually stop but with liposuction patience is the key.  Your body will continue to recover for up to 1 year.  Returning to exercise is recommended.  Keeping up your healthy lifestyle will help the weight off after surgery.  Best of luck to you.

John M. Trupiano, MD, FACS
Troy Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction - back to sports after 6 weeks?

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.

• If you were my patient, the answer would be 'yes.'
  • You do need permission from your own surgeon.
  • You may swell more with exercise - if so, exercise with your compression garment or other support garment.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Liposuction

I usually allow my liposuction patients return to activity much quicker than after other surgeries. You are best to ask your surgeon.

Return to Regular Programming after Liposuction--Add Venus Legacy, Exilis Ultra to improve results

Yes, you can go back to your regular physical activities, but speak with your Dr. to confirm. To improve final results, I also recommend adding coolsculpting/vanquish for further fat removal, exilis/venus legacy for skin tightening, cellutone/z wave to make the skin smooth, remove scar tissue, and improve the appearance of cellulite. Best, Dr. Emer